Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipoddingalong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Hi,

I just got an iPad, and I've been searching online for hours for a case like this.

I need:

-Covers all ports and buttons, including the dock (has "flip tops" for them)
-Covers the Home button.
-Non-leather.

If possible, but not necessary:

-A handle on the back for your hand or ability to stand up the iPad.

I like the Sumajin here, but there's no Home Button protection:

http://www.sumajin.com/products/ipad...ne case.html

Also love the Switch Easy Reptile, but again no Home Button protection:

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Reptile_iPad/Reptile_iPad.php

Or is there a shield for the front that covers the Home button (in which case either the Sumajin or Reptile would be okay). I think the BestSkinEver shield has a little Home button protector. Are there other screen shields like it?

http://www.bestskinsever.com/ipad-skin

Thanks for your help! :)

shadowness

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
Why in God's name do you want a home button protection???
just use scotch tape on top of the home button!

i am picking up my switcheasy reptile tonight! I think it provides ample cover (i would not say protection) and a good grip!

shadowness

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
The iskin duo looks gr8 in black and Diablo red!!!

but really does the home button protection preserve the original feel ? or does it become clikety-clack?

ipoddingalong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Thanks. I love the Otterbox. It is almost perfect...except for that hole in the back of it. Plus, I don't know when they're releasing it. Same with the IvySkin. Love it, but it's not out yet, and I heard their CS blows.

I'm close to settling for the iSkin with a PowerSupport shield.

Does anyone know if there's a thin silicone type case (Belkin Grip Vue, Nude) that's all-encompassing -- covers or plugs up the ports, dock, and buttons? I'd like the option of putting the whole thing into a folio-type case (like the Griffin), but I don't think the iSkin would fit, so if there's a thinner option, that'd be wonderful. Thank you!

KameronBriggs

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010
Somewhere Sunny, California
Thanks. I love the Otterbox. It is almost perfect...except for that hole in the back of it. Plus, I don't know when they're releasing it. Same with the IvySkin. Love it, but it's not out yet, and I heard their CS blows.

I'm close to settling for the iSkin with a PowerSupport shield.

Does anyone know if there's a thin silicone type case (Belkin Grip Vue, Nude) that's all-encompassing -- covers or plugs up the ports, dock, and buttons? I'd like the option of putting the whole thing into a folio-type case (like the Griffin), but I don't think the iSkin would fit, so if there's a thinner option, that'd be wonderful. Thank you!

The grip vue is made out of TPU. If that's what you're looking for, I suggest you search eBay. I got a TPU case for a fraction of the Grip Vue. Same look, same material, smaller price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.