Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zacharace

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2009
Bexley, OH, USA
lol luckily no

so i just put the sim card in the razor phone and it will work or do i have to call AT&T?

As long as it's compatible with AT&T (GSM phone, unlocked if necessary, etc), you should be good to go as long as your SIM is in the phone.

I feel you in general though; my new iP4 is soaked beyond all repair thanks to an outdoor concert...:(

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
ITS A T-MOBILE PREPAID RAZOR PHONE

I PUT THE IPHONE SIM IN THE RAZOR PHONE

AND IT SAYS "ENTER SUBSIDY PASWORD"

what is that?

spblat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
As long as it's compatible with AT&T (GSM phone, unlocked if necessary, etc), you should be good to go as long as your SIM is in the phone.

Sorry, your T-Mobile phone has to be unlocked before it'll work on AT&T. That's probably a dead end. Maybe a local pawn shop has an AT&T phone you can use till your iPhone situation is squared away. Or you can buy a GoPhone from an AT&T store for around $20.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
at this point is it better to buy the new iphone 4 from apple or AT&T which will deliver it faster?

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
use your sh**ty iphone until october. then see if they've fixed the reception issue, and get the iphone 4.

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Go buy a cheap go phone to hold you over till your ip4 arrives.
I'd still put the 3G in a thing of rice for a week or two and see what happens if it starts working I'd keep it for a backup.

No need to wait till October thinking there will be a revised iPhone. Sept 30 is the end of their fiscal quarter.

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
at this point is it better to buy the new iphone 4 from apple or AT&T which will deliver it faster?

Buy it from Apple. It'll make your life easier should you decide to return it. They are probably faster at shipping too.
I wouldn't be surprised if Apple does a silent tweek to the manufacturing process over the next few months (like sever the bottom antenna from the right side), but it hardly matters as the current iPhone 4 is easily the best phone I've ever had

BTW - ask your friends if they have an old GSM phone lying around. You'd be surprised at how many people just toss there old phones into a drawer when they upgrade.

tjw1981

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
the iphone 3G wont turn on,I have apple care but i dont hink they cover water damage

I bought a "Refurbished" 3GS from eGay and the camera never worked on it so I suspected something was going on with it. I checked the serial number and luckily it had hardware warranty left on it. I took it into apple and they agreed to swap it out and checked the water sensors (which were tripped) after they told me they would swap it.

They still gave me a replacement anyway, so try to dry it out and see if it powers up and take a chance in taking it in to swap it out and play dumb. ;)

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008

From what I've read on here I would go with AT&T or order in the store. I ordered online from Apple on July 3rd and the status just went to "Prepared for Shipment" today so it still probably won't ship for a few more days but I've seen post on here of people ordering from AT&T getting them pretty quickly. Also one guy who works at the Apple store told my dad that an in-store order they did took 2 days but I'm not sure about that. That seems really quick for the iPhone 4.

musheded

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Your phone can survive a dunk in the loo...but you have to move fast

Yes your iPhone can survive a fall into the toilet...how do I know I just did it yesterday! AND with my birthday present iPhone 4! How is my phone okay? First, I'm lucky I'm not squeamish about 'stuff' in the toilet and snatched it out less than 2 seconds of it going in. Second I dried it with a towel immediately and took out the sim card too. The phone was already powered on, and based on other people I knew who had adventures in 'toilet-phones' I powered it off. It was all I could do to keep moving and not just stand there and cry...sort of the same feeling I imagine if I had flushed $400 down the toilet. I took the phone and slowly started drying it with a hairdryer on the cool/warm setting so I didn't get it too hot...found some people who recommend baking it but that just seemed a bit too nuts. After about three hours of alternately drying the phone and letting it sit everything was dry as a bone. This afternoon I put the sim card back in and powered it up and it works perfectly. Yes there is a god and god was looking down on me and took pity not asking me why I needed my phone in my pocket while I was in the bathroom (no I don't talk on the phone in the bathroom because well just eww). I love that water damage isn't covered, and pretty much NOTHING else is covered by the Apple Care warranty so don't even both with it just a waste of $.:apple:

Gea

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2009
Oh yea, after all these years the only real iPhone killer is the toilet. :D

KameronBriggs

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010
Somewhere Sunny, California
:D
That gives you an excuse to upgrade!
Just get an iPhone 4. IF yours has antenna issues, you can always take it to the Genius Bar and get it replaced with one that doesn't have the antenna issues (if in fact there will be a "fix").

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
It's alive!!!!!

Good news
I put the iPhone in the sun fir a while, then I used that bottle of air spray the one u use to clean dust on keyboard

I put the red straw in all the iPhone holes and blasted air in it

Then left it on the window to get some cool air

I plugged the phone in and it works now
Everything seems to be workin ok
I haven't notice any damage like the speaker or the phone actin weird

I still plan on gettin the iPhone 4
But I'm glad this thing is workin again cause I was about to activate my old tmobile razor :(

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
Every time I have to take a leak in the middle of an important text session, if I get one I use my "other hand" to answer the text. The entire time I'm thinking "Wow, this would be quite a bummer if I dropped this into the bowl."

I'm sorry to hear about your phone but you have greatly inspired me to hold off the texting for the 45 seconds it takes to "unwind" and for that I am thankful.

Good thing you got it working though. Like said above, you're lucky there wasn't anything in the bowl when you dropped it. Then you would of had two bricks sitting in there.... :rolleyes:

insidmal

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Eugene
lol luckily no

so i just put the sim card in the razor phone and it will work or do i have to call AT&T?
it will work.. and how/why did your phone end up in the toilet? you are either unhygienic or a pervert.. or both? ..either way don't try and shake my hand, thanks

sloanashley.xo

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
arggg

i did the exact same thing. but my phone is and iphone 4. i only got it yesteday although it is an old one , my mum gave it to me. i have tried to turn it on . but i looked up on the internet how to fix it and the best answer i got was to put it in uncooked rice and leave it for a few days, im so scared whats going to happen to it cause i need a phone, so if your phone is fixed please tell me what you did it would be a really good help. Thankyou.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.