Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I am an avid collector of the Apple Think different posters, I have a few, and some of them framed in my room. I've taken a few photos of my framed posters to share with you. Feel free to post photos of your framed posters to add to this list. Thanks!!

Think different Buzz Aldrin:

buzz.jpg

Think different Thomas Edison:

edison.jpg

Think different Richard Feynman:

feynman.jpg

Please feel free to add your photos to this post, I'd like to see who else has framed Think different posters in their home or office. Thanks!

OGDaniel

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2009
Arizona
DSCN0753.jpg

DSCN0754.jpg

DSCN0756.jpg

Those are up in my dad's office, but I'd love to get the Picasso one and the Einstein one to put up in my room. I can never find them anywhere though.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
My office loft is a shrine with 8 or so framed Think Different posters. Sorry, pics not on the computer I'm on but they've been posted here before. Here's my favorite one though, Rosa Parks that hangs in my bedroom.

Attachments

• IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    501.6 KB · Views: 400

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

Attachments

• IMG_0271.JPG
    IMG_0271.JPG
    286.2 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0273.JPG
    IMG_0273.JPG
    295.1 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0280.JPG
    IMG_0280.JPG
    316.5 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    314.5 KB · Views: 372

Schicksal

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2008
Cool pics. I have the full size Jim Henson one along with probably a half dozen others from 1997~2002 or so (Macworlds, one for the G3 Powerbook, probably an iMac one in there somewhere). The benefits of being friends with the Apple Student Rep on campus and founding the university MUG I guess. Along with a Quadra 950 that's long gone.

Hope to frame them someday and get them up on the wall.

Creative One

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2009
Ontario
Aren't most of them posted in this thread fake? I thought all think different posters were 11"x17" and 24"x36".

I also thought that only:
Einstein
Earhart
Davis
Henson
Goodall
Gandhi
Lennon
Chavez
Watson
Picasso

Were the official ones.

quantum003

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2009
Superposition
My office loft is a shrine with 8 or so framed Think Different posters. Sorry, pics not on the computer I'm on but they've been posted here before. Here's my favorite one though, Rosa Parks that hangs in my bedroom.

Nice apartment, clean, well-furnished... I would have immediately guessed that a woman lives with you, but judging by the toilet seat pointing skyward that isn't actually the case. :p

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Nice apartment, clean, well-furnished... I would have immediately guessed that a woman lives with you, but judging by the toilet seat pointing skyward that isn't actually the case. :p

Thank you. Ex-girlfriend helped me furnish the place. SHe did a great job of keeping it clean too. :D

OGDaniel

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2009
Arizona
Aren't most of them posted in this thread fake? I thought all think different posters were 11"x17" and 24"x36".

Einstein
Earhart
Davis
Henson
Goodall
Gandhi
Lennon
Chavez
Watson
Picasso

Were the official ones.

The Dylan one is legit also. I'm not completely sure about the Martin Luther King Jr. one though, it's got the solid white logo rather than the six-color one. The ad campaign is from '97 but they changed the six-color logo to solid white in '98.

awmazz

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2007
The Buzz Aldrin and Edison ones are indeed official Apple advertising posters:

AldrinBusLgHi.jpg
EdisonBusLgHi.jpg

Einstein
Earhart
Davis
Henson
Goodall
Gandhi
Lennon
Chavez
Watson
Picasso

Were the official ones.

I believe you are correct for the smaller 11"x17" size which were only available in the Educator Set of 30 (3 copies of each of the 10 posters) sent out to schools during the original campaign.

The larger 24"x36" (portrait or landscape) original 10 and the following years when they featured other iconoclasts was the only size for general purchase from Apple. Any poster not these two sizes is 100% fake unless it's much larger like the bus shelter outdoor ones in the pics above. Genuine 24"x36" ones go for upwards of USD $300-400 each now. And I don't have a single one. :(

J. Baez
Miles Davis
Ted Turner
Richard B Fuller
Robinson
Earhart
Bob Dylan
Branson
Maria Callas
Dali Lama
Bernbach
Ansell Adams
Edison
Ricky & Lucy
Hitchcock
Aldrin
Ali
Martha Graham
Hendrix
Garcia

TRIVIA #1: the script for the original one minute TV commercial is written on the TextEdit.app icon and is signed by John Appleseed.

TRIVIA #2: thinkdifferent.com is still active and forwards to Apple's homepage. "Think different" was added as a footnote on the 2009 iMac packaging sheet to maintain the copyright.

michael.lincoln

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010

iMacdude313, I apologize for posting this as a reply, and not a PM, but I registered solely to contact you, and figured this was better than creating the required 5 posts that didn't contribute to the discussion to enable PM'ing.

In any event, I'm very interested in either or both of the Richard Feynman TD posters. Difficult to tell if the ones you posted are original or reproductions, but for my purposes it's not terribly important.

I realize you didn't include either Feynman poster in your image, but thought it was worth a shot.

My apologies to everyone for posting to such an old thread without adding to the discussion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.