Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMrNiceGuy0023

macrumors 68000
Jun 5, 2009
I dont think the Facebook makers have a problem or care if you're Jailbroken, just happens to be a conflict somewhere

the Twitter app and vWallpaper has conflict issues too that makes Twitter for iPhone not load too

I need BiteSMS more than Facebook 3.2, you can downgrade through the Installous app in Cydia, thats what i plan on doing

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Ah, forgot about the old version on iTunes. Good thing I didnt update it there yet. Back on the previous until they get it sorted out.

mcqueen

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
Downloaded 3.2.1 and it'll actually let me log in - I can see friends list and photos, but chat and walls/news feed give error message. I have BiteSMS installed.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
At least biteSMS are aware of it
Indeed the 3.2 update of Facebook seems to have introduced a compatibility issues with biteSMS. Please remember it’s not biteSMS that introduced the issue it’s facebook.
Internally in Facebook something is causing it not to work, now without the Facebook source code it’s not going to be easy for us at biteSMS to locate the issue.
We are certainly trying hard to locate a workaround, but in perspective it’s really going to be a long shot. Please apply some pressure to FB as well.

steeez

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
I had to disable 'iPhoneDeliveryMS' in SB Settings to get Facebook to work.

iPhone 4, 4.0.1

Does anyone know what disabling that thing does?

SlasherKG

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Fix for those using biteSMS

This comes from the biteSMS forums, Martin says:
Here’s the fix:

Replace the file /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/biteSMSsb.plist with the one you download from http://cydia.bitesms.com/biteSMSsb.plist

REBOOT not respring.

Note: For some users Facebook often does not work in WiFi, so be sure to try your 3G connection instead, as this is not related to biteSMS.

I can verify this does seem to work. For those with other Apps causing similar issues, maybe something similar for those would help?

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
I can confirm that that fix does give you SOME connectivity. I can view notifications and other people's pages. But news feed still isn't working as well as Places and other areas. Back to the old version (again) I go...*sigh*

solius

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Decatur AL
I just deleted the new version and synced back with my itunes. Problem fixed. I don't need the places update anyways :). I will miss the bug fixes though.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
went to facebook app. after it crashed. ALL MY APPS WERE DELETED. excluding the jailbreak.

What is going on?

MrThompsonR

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2009
Weird, I disabled the above addon and Facebook is now working for me.
Same here... Gonna try QuickReply SMS now that its been updated...

Update: I just got this message when attempting to remove BiteSMS with the Rock app..."Attention, files appear to be missing from the BiteSMS app, it is suggested that you reinstall to repair this app..." or something to that effect? The "update" added BiteSBarClient back into the SBSettings/ MobileSubstrate page... Turned it off and went back to Facebook and again I get loading errors. Removed BiteSMS...
Installed QuickReplySMS, resprung and Facebook seems to be working fine... BiteSMS was definitely the cause of the problem...

cdrwinston

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
The fix for bitesms definitely works. But I also had iphonedelivery, they posted a fix as well. I had to disable iphonedelivery until they developed a fix. But while it was disabled Rock wouldn't work. Does anyone know what iphonedelivery does?

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
The fix for bitesms definitely works. But I also had iphonedelivery, they posted a fix as well. I had to disable iphonedelivery until they developed a fix. But while it was disabled Rock wouldn't work. Does anyone know what iphonedelivery does?

Where did you get a fix for iphonedelivery?

Added: Also have noticed that with iphonedelivery installed, my ESPN Scorecenter app could never connect to the server. But with it disabled, it works fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.