Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjm300

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2009
I found the old version as well....but as the person said above, we cant release the name of the site.

alee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
New York, NY
Why would FaceBook give a hoot if your phone is jailbroken ?
Facebook (and Skype for that matter) don't care at all about jailbreaks. However, when they develop and test, it's in their best interest to test against clean un-jailbroken iPhones. They're publishing apps for the app store, not Cydia so if it passes muster with Apple, their job is done.

Jailbreaking may be legal, but it remains entirely unsupported by Apple. For as long as this is true, it's the jailbreak community that needs to adapt when an approved app breaks in a jailbreak environment.

jeans94621

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
I just uninstalled the updated fb and synced to my computer and I had the old version back. By the way I am jailbroke with 4.01 iphone 4 and I don't have smsbite installed never did I use quick reply but I was having the same problems as everyone else. unable to log in and when I was logged in I couldn't get my messages but I could look at my pictures.

xcel360

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2008
WPB, Fl
JB I4 running 4.0 , I have BiteSMS installed and after update Facebook app wont load anything.

Also tried mobile safari and for some reason now the Walls on peoples pages wont load? anyone else seeing this?

pigglett

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2010
Most people should still have the old version in itunes

Just delete the upgraded version on iphone ..then sync with itnues and drag old version back over :)

yankeex777

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
Not sure where people pulled the "BiteSMS" having anything to do with it, but I installed it on my device WITHOUT BiteSMS and had the same non-working issue... so stop blaming Bite, it's NOT BITE. :)

I think it is..I disabled the bitesms mobile substrate option through sbsettings and now it works fine. bite needs to come out with an update.

yankeex777

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
I found the old version as well....but as the person said above, we cant release the name of the site.

Can you PM where you got the older version? I got mine working but at the expense of bitesms, id much rather have bite and use the older version of FB. thanks..

yankeex777

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
Most people should still have the old version in itunes

Just delete the upgraded version on iphone ..then sync with itnues and drag old version back over :)

Didn't even think of that, that should work as a fix too i suppose. thanks!

alee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
New York, NY
It's not specifically BiteSMS. It's anything in Mobile Substrate Addons that deal specifically with SMS.

iPhoneDeliveryMS and BiteSMS are probably among a handful of things that will screw up on the new Facebook app.

theNEOone

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2007
NYC
Confirmed

Jailbroken 4.0.1

3.2 Facebook app wasn't working until I disabled BiteSMS mobile substrate add-on.

Working ok now...

=|

Mess-I-Ah

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
Earth
If anybody would be kind enough to PM me either steps (hopefully it doesn't involve the Install-based site that must not be named) or be willing to share the older facebook.app folder, I would be extremely grateful.

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
I disabled BiteSMS and Facebook started working right away. Facebook's not going to do anything about it. Hopefully the Bite developers will figure out what's going on. They're our only hope.

pigglett

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2010
If anybody would be kind enough to PM me either steps (hopefully it doesn't involve the Install-based site that must not be named) or be willing to share the older facebook.app folder, I would be extremely grateful.

ha ve you not got it backed up in itunes

atlbuc

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
Atlanta
Not sure where people pulled the "BiteSMS" having anything to do with it, but I installed it on my device WITHOUT BiteSMS and had the same non-working issue... so stop blaming Bite, it's NOT BITE. :)

It is BiteSMS, you have to uninstall then my Facebook started working. Reinstalled BiteSMS and it stopped working again

LiveFreeDie

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2010
I've been lurking here a few weeks now and you guys have helped me out with a lot of JB questions/issue including this one and just wanted to say thanks.

But yeah I literally updated Facebook just before I opened this thread. Good thing I didn't sync it yet. So all I did was like another user said was to delete the Facebook app from the iPhone then add it back through iTunes and it worked like a charm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.