Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
I know there are a ton but what is the one that you feel is the best for your needs and why. Right now I'm using Mercury and I like it so far. I also have atomic and icab. Sky fire just released theirs for the iPad but I wasn't a fan of it on the iPhone so haven't purchased it yet for the iPad.

Should this be in the app section??

chris566

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2010
Carolina
I use atomic and safari. Safari is used just for general web surfing. Atomic is used when I want to go to YouTube or if I am using multiple tabs that require constant switching. I really dislike using multiple tabs/windows in safari. It's slow and requires a reload of the tab that you're switching to. I have been waiting for an iPad browser that completely satisfies me. I get low memory notifications sometimes if I have three tabs open in atomic. This frustrates me. Hopefully the 2g will have sufficient memory.

doug in albq

Suspended
Oct 12, 2007
Atomic Web Browser. I like it just a tiny bit better than iCab, which is also great.

No other browsers on iOS touch the two listed above

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Perfect browser.

I love the quick scroll bar which makes it a lot quicker to move up and down a long web page.

The only problem I and other have is Steve Apple wishing to punish us for not using his Safari mobile browser so every time I click on a link Safari opens rather than the browser I wish to use. :(

j_maddison

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2003
Nelson, Wales
I've tried five browsers: Safari, iCab, Life browser, Atomic, and Skyfire. I keep going back to Safari though for some reason. Out of the five, I prefer the way that Life browser does things, I just don't find it to be as quick or as polished though.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Does not that fact that Safari sends out signals that it's a mobile phone browser on a tiny screen annoy you on some sites?

God knows why it does that.

CharlesR

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2010
Terra... It reminds me of chrome w/ tabs and very fast. Oh, and it's surprisingly free in the app store too!:)

doug in albq

Suspended
Oct 12, 2007
Terra... It reminds me of chrome w/ tabs and very fast. Oh, and it's surprisingly free in the app store too!:)

Wow! Terrra is nice. As soon as this browser lets me import my bookmarks from wherever it might become one of my go-to browsers.

Love the speed, the tabs, the price of the app and the interface (not the icon).

Currently lacking in extended features that both iCab and Atomic Web have, but still a nice browser.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
On the iPad I have all the major players (Safari, iCab, Atomic, Perfect, and now Skyfire). I pretty much use each one based on my mood with the exception of Atomic which I find iCab a bit better. I tend to go back to Safari a lot since I sync my bookmarks with MobileMe to my Mac and iPhone. Many browsers now support importing bookmarks but it doesn't compare to the convenience of Mobile Me. I wish Apple would open up the API to allow 3rd party browsers to have that functionality, but methinks that is a pipe dream.

As a side note, I am like the Skyfire browser on the iPad. I think Skyfire did a nice job in addressing many of the problems that plagued the iPhone version. It's not perfect but it is an improvement.

svrds10

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2007
I use 2 browsers for 2 purposes.

Atomic - use for everyday type use at work and some personal use. It's definitely my favorite because of the wide range of options and clean ui

Terra- it's simple, fast, and free. But the main reason I use it is because of the password protection at start up. It allows me to keep tabs open and not have to worry about coworkers opening my iPad and seeing what I am browsing. Ex. Banking websites, eBay, paypal, etc...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.