Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrew086

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
Just out of curiosity - does the Apple Keyboard (external) get greasy? I know that the one on the MacBook Pros get greasy, so I have a moshi ClearGuard on mine. But should I get a full size one for the Apple Keyboard, or would it be fine naked?

Thanks

andrew086

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
I think the keyboard getting greasy is probably more an issue of washing your hands than with the keyboard :eek:

yes, but I think that natural skin oils also cause this issue. I washed my hands every time before I used my MacBook Pro and the spacebar still started getting a little shiny.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
yes, but I think that natural skin oils also cause this issue. I washed my hands every time before I used my MacBook Pro and the spacebar still started getting a little shiny.

That could also be due to wear

To answer your question, I think you will find the external keyboard will be just as susceptible as the MBP to your usage

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
It'll get greasy if your fingers are, but it won't show as much as on the black keys.

macboiest

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2010
Redwood City
Maybe

I would get the bluetooth keyboard because it is nice and slim, the keyboard has keys that are like the macbook keys. So I would say no.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
As has already been said, keyboards don't get greasy on their own - itt's the user's fingers that do thay :)

If you suffer with this problem, why not use a skin to protect the keyboard.

Attachments

• Skin.jpg
    Skin.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.