Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanmckenzie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I have a petty little problem, one of my volume buttons is stuck, it must have something tiny jammed in it since it won't budge. If I take it apart, can I get to it from the inside? Cause I've tried everything else...

ryanmckenzie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I would although I'm too busy this week to take a trip to my apple store. I've taken my macbook apart before (completely dismantled everything to clean it out), so I have some experience. I guess I'd like to know if it would be a good way to solve the problem.

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
New York
I would although I'm too busy this week to take a trip to my apple store. I've taken my macbook apart before (completely dismantled everything to clean it out), so I have some experience. I guess I'd like to know if it would be a good way to solve the problem.

If you have time to take the iPhone apart, you have time to hit the apple store:rolleyes:

bookwormsy

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
If you open it up and dont mess things up, if you put it back together, you will be fine. His are instructions to open it. http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone-4-Teardown/3130/1

It would be safer to go to the apple store. They usually replace it really quickly. If you decide to go this route, watch out for the weird screws theyre having on the iphone 4s now.

Main point: Opening it is fine, if you can get it, great, if not, put it back together and go to the applestore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.