Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2007
I was almost done when my internet connection dropped, and now it says "An error has occurred" next to the install button. When I click on install, nothing happens.

Anyone know where the temporary file is so I can delete it and restart the download? Or are there any suggestions?

WiLLGT09

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2007
well, I dunno. I've been trying to find like an Application Support-type folder for the Mac App Store, but I can't seem to find anything. It's probably in a hidden folder.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
well, I dunno. I've been trying to find like an Application Support-type folder for the Mac App Store, but I can't seem to find anything. It's probably in a hidden folder.

~/Library/Application Support/AppStore.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
Neither can I but we don't have stuck downloads. Maybe it would be there if we did.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Have you tried logging out of the App Store (Store > Sign Out), quitting, then reopening and logging back in?

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2007
Well, that's not how it works. It's on the Mac App Store, and it won't let me re-install it on the purchases screen.

Wowbagger

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2011
Possible Fix

I'm in the same boat. I just did the following, and it seems to have fixed it. This is not specific to Lion, but for any Mac App Store purchase. Keep in mind that you can't redeem the same redemption code more than once, even on the same machine, so make sure you keep a backup of the files/folders you change.

1. Quit App Store.
  2. Open ~/Library/Application Support/AppStore/manifest.plist (you'll need Xcode or something else that edits plists.)
  3. Edit the entry for the failed item (there may be more than one item, find the one with "failed" = YES.
  4. Change the "failed" entry to NO.
  5. Change the "paused" entry to YES.
  6. Take note of the "item-id" entry. You'll need it in a moment.
  7. Save the plist.
  8. There's a folder in ~/Library/Application Support/AppStore/("item-id"). Rename it or delete it and empty your Trash.
  9. Open App Store. In the Purchases page, you should now be able to resume the download.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.