Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leet Apple

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2009
Canada
Anyone going to Fido PM ME

Here is my Plan
200 Minutes
Unlimited Incoming Calls
2500 Text
Unlimited Fido2Fido
Voicemail
150 MBs of Data

All for $60

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
For those on MTS/SaskTel in Manitoba/Saskatchewan, both carriers announced yesterday that they will be launching iPhone 4 soon, better late than never as they say. MTS' HSPA network (with Rogers') in Manitoba launches on March 31.

cooddyyy

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2011

Here is my Plan
200 Minutes
Unlimited Incoming Calls
2500 Text
Unlimited Fido2Fido
Voicemail
150 MBs of Data

All for $60

That's actually really bad..
I'm with virgin I get

300 minutes
1 gig data
unlimited world wide texting
unlimited talk and text to 10 buddies anywere in canada
after 6pm calling to anyone I want
caller ID/voicemail/ call waiting
plus other junk

all for 55 dollars a month. Gotta love student deals<3

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I know this is a Canadian thread but thought it was funny when I heard that AT&T is rewarding customers who didn't switch over to Verizon with a 1000 bonus roll over minutes for those that stayed with them! haha

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
Hey guys, fellow Canadian here.

I'm with Rogers and i bought my iPhone 3G on the first day.
And now it's just too laggy to function properly, so i'm patiently waiting for the iPhone 5. I'm well able to qualify for an upgrade, so i'll probably be getting the iPhone 5 on the first day as well.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Hey guys, fellow Canadian here.

I'm with Rogers and i bought my iPhone 3G on the first day.
And now it's just too laggy to function properly, so i'm patiently waiting for the iPhone 5. I'm well able to qualify for an upgrade, so i'll probably be getting the iPhone 5 on the first day as well.

You should jailbreak your 3g and install a tweak called FakeClockup or something along those lines...."google Fakeclock cydia" and you'll find it. It'll drastically speed up your 3g iphone. Also check out "remove recent and remove background, which will also speed things up.

kwk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Canada
With MTS launching March 31, I should be getting an iPhone through them.
It would run me $60 with Rogers if/when they get 6gb data back.

With MTS, I have all their services so I would get a $43 dicount.
-300 anytime minutes
-Unlimited after 6pm and weekends
-unlimited MTS to MTS cell province wide
-CID, voicemail, call forwarding
-unlimited texting
-unlimited downloads, email and browsing

This comes to $68.50 before taxes
Less $43 discount so $25.50 /month.

Not bad if you ask me.
Like to see Rogers beat that!

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario

-300 anytime minutes
-unlimited texting

Not bad if you ask me.

What's MTS??

kwk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Canada
What's MTS??

It's a Manitoba company providing IPTV, internet, home phone and cellular services.
They only have CDMA, but as of March 31st, they are launching a new 4g network.

I guess, it'd be similar to Rogers offering discounts for bundling services.

Can't wait.:)

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada

-300 anytime minutes
-unlimited texting

Not bad if you ask me.

MTS Customer Service makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Rogers on the other hand - haven't had much problem. I've seen a few rumoured MTS internet plans for new network (for internet devices), $90 for 5GB for computers - rip. off.

MTS may not have iPhone at launch, so unless if you're going to buy it unlocked, you may have to wait a bit. Just watch you MTS folks ruin the network with your unlimited data for us Rogers folks ;)

I'm not too worried though.

kwk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Canada
MTS Customer Service makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Rogers on the other hand - haven't had much problem. I've seen a few rumoured MTS internet plans for new network (for internet devices), $90 for 5GB for computers - rip. off.

MTS may not have iPhone at launch, so unless if you're going to buy it unlocked, you may have to wait a bit. Just watch you MTS folks ruin the network with your unlimited data for us Rogers folks ;)

I'm not too worried though.

I don't have any issues with either company.
A few of my friends have MTS cellphones and I don't see any difference between theirs and mine as far as reception, etc. go.

I could never dish out $600+ for an unlocked phone.
I have no problem waiting till the rush is over, I've waited long enough as it is, so what's a few more weeks, lol!

titatom

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
Montréal, QC
Hi canadians ! :D

I'm in Montréal and have a factory unlocked iphone with virgin mobile...and a pretty good plan in my opinion :

200 minutes
10 numbers I can call unlimited (which represent 400 minutes + the 200 that are included, I use up 600 mins)
Incoming calls
Unlimited text
1GB data
Evening and WE at 6pm
Voicemail and caller ID

55$CAD/month - no contract

Meets my need perfectly and I'm happy with Virgin :)

Last edited:

iApples

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2011

Here is my Plan
200 Minutes
Unlimited Incoming Calls
2500 Text
Unlimited Fido2Fido
Voicemail
150 MBs of Data

All for $60

Seems a bit expensive.

I'm with Rogers and I have:

700 minutes
Unlimited minutes after 9/weekends
Voicemail
Unlimited text (Picture and video included)
500 MB data plan

$41.97 a month.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Seems a bit expensive.

I'm with Rogers and I have:

700 minutes
Unlimited minutes after 9/weekends
Voicemail
Unlimited text (Picture and video included)
500 MB data plan

$41.97 a month.

That's a decent plan you have there! :D I bet if you complain a little you could get that 9PM unlimited down to 5 or 6PM

Give it a try. If you happen to get, let me know...I'm interested in seeing if it'll work out for you.

iApples

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2011
That's a decent plan you have there! :D I bet if you complain a little you could get that 9PM unlimited down to 5 or 6PM

Give it a try. If you happen to get, let me know...I'm interested in seeing if it'll work out for you.

I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes. Believe me, I've already got the plan down a lot. :)

I'm actually going to try and work on the data plan. Maybe try and up it to 1GB without paying anymore. I'll see how that goes too. Usually involves calling back a few times.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
MTS and SaskTel are launching the iPhone 4 on the 26th.

MTS is apparently going to have an unlimited data plan that includes unlimited tethering:

Unlimited plus plan - $74.99
Bundled - $69.99
350 daytime minutes
Unlimited calling mts cellphone-cellphone within manitoba
Unlimited text/picture/video messaging
Unlimited evening/weekends starting at 6pm
Unlimited data
Unlimited tethering

A bit pricey, but for those who plan to use iPhone as their main internet connection, it will be cheaper than MTS' internet stick plan thats $90 for 5GB data

canadadude

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2007
Sasktel Iphone?

Iphone comes out on the 26th and im debating whether or not to get one on a sasktel plan?I want the iphone 5 when it comes out also so this is what i might do.I could buy the i4 outright and go month to month,then when i5 comes out give i4 to wife and sign up for 3 yr sasktel plan with new i5?Anyone have any advice ,can i have 2 iphones on 1 plan when i sign up for i5?Or can i sign up for i4 sasktel plan now and then buy i5 outright and use it on sasktel plan? thanks guys

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
If you buy an iPhone outright it doesn't effect your plan at all.

Buying it under contract or paying full price is up to you. If you get an iPhone 4 now you will not be able to get the $159 price for the iPhone 5 when it comes out (later this year or next year). If you buy it outright now you can get the $159 promo price when the iPhone 5 comes out.

You can only have 1 phone active per line, but you can have both iPhones active on separate lines without issue. You paid for them, so you can do what you want (sorta)

Remember if you are planning on buying the iPhone outright make sure to get it from Apple directly as Sasktel will sell it locked regardless of what price you pay.

spyd4r

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2006
So what carrier (Ontario) has the best readily available plan for the average user? say $50-$80 range

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
So what carrier (Ontario) has the best readily available plan for the average user? say $50-$80 range

When next iPhone comes out, Rogers will return the 6GB data plan, as will Bell/Telus. That may be best time to sign up. You can use the 6GB for tethering as well.

MTS/SaskTel launch the iPhone on tuesday! MTS Connect is opening at 7AM to sell it, this will be the single largest event in MTS' history. Be prepared to take-a-number.. oh wait, on any given day at MTS you have to take-a-number.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
MTS/SaskTel launch the iPhone on tuesday! MTS Connect is opening at 7AM to sell it, this will be the single largest event in MTS' history. Be prepared to take-a-number.. oh wait, on any given day at MTS you have to take-a-number.
I would rather go without a phone than deal with MTS :p

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
I would rather go without a phone than deal with MTS :p

Same here, 3G isn't bad out in rural Manitoba on Rogers (minus random blips), but everything's better than dealing with MTS.. they don't budge at all when contacting Loyalty/Retentions, their customer service moto is "The answer is no."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.