Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rideherhard

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
I ordered a phone for my brother on Thursday through the direct detentions number. She said she placed a rush order and would be here in 2-3 business days. Didn't get anything in the mail today, no email, so called to get a tracking number. The lady could give it, said it was shipped, and tries to forward me to the warehouse, but being on hold I got disconnected. Didn't want to sit through the hold so I will wait to see if I get it by tomorrow.

I've ordered many phones from Rogers and never recieved an email or tracking number and generally received the phone within 2 days or less.

Will let you guys know what happens.

Ps. This wasn't too bad to type on the iPhone 4. I need to get better and used to it; quite a change from my old BlackBerry.

Pps. On Thursday, the Rogers Plus store in Yorkdale, by Sears got about 15 units of 16gb. Nobody was in line until a friend went to get a BB Torch and then told me about the iPhone 4s in stock; still no line, but 1-2hrs later, about 8 people lined up and my friend still got an iPhone.
Just a FYI, looks like Rogers stores are "secretly" getting stock randomly. Can be quite lucky; right place, right time.

I ordered my from Rogers retentions on thursday and I just got a shipment e-mail today and the phone will be here next tuesday.

mikeeymike

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2010
British Columbia, Canada
I got two iphones (13gb and 16 gb) from Bell in 6 days. It came from Brampton, Ontario by Purolator (next day delivery to British Columbia).

I just left Telus (with 1 yr remaining on my 3yr contracts) to sign-up with Bell and so far, so good... especially ever since Bell agreed to pay my ecf's with Telus and hooked me up with a sweet all-inclusive 6gb data plan for $65/month.

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
Update: of course Rogers didn't put through my order on Thursday. They said the paper work was done and they just didn't process it. So now when I called to check, they are out of stock.
The lady was nice, took my phone number, and said she will personally call me for confirmation.
We will see about that.

zeiter

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Canada
I got two iphones (13gb and 16 gb) from Bell in 6 days. It came from Brampton, Ontario by Purolator (next day delivery to British Columbia).

I just left Telus (with 1 yr remaining on my 3yr contracts) to sign-up with Bell and so far, so good... especially ever since Bell agreed to pay my ecf's with Telus and hooked me up with a sweet all-inclusive 6gb data plan for $65/month.

how did you do this??? please help lol

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
I missed that then. You can get your name put on one and when the next shipment comes in they'll send you one right away, they offered that to me a few weeks ago but I couldn't get the plan I wanted so I passed, wasn't signing in until I got the rate I wanted.
I asked for that but she wasn't sure how to do it. I'll just keep calling in lol

I had problems when the iPhone 3G launch occurred, but it was fun at the time to go all over Quebec City (I had nothing better to do) and check every Rogers reseller and ask if they had any iPhones in stock, I was able to order over the phone the same day and while at first there were shipping delays, got the phone within a week.

Next time I call in I'll try asking to be on the list, I'm sick of this Windows Mobile device but I'll live with it for a week or two if I have to, my girlfriend will be happy that my hand isnt glued to the phone for once!

pierino84

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2007
Rome, Italy
Availability in Toronto

Hi guys!! does anyone know if there's any commitment-free iPhone available in Apple Stores in Toronto? Are they hard to find?
I'm planning to fly there in about a week and I'd like to pose my hands on that little technological beauty...
Thanks for your replies!

ajax43

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
North America
Update: of course Rogers didn't put through my order on Thursday. They said the paper work was done and they just didn't process it. So now when I called to check, they are out of stock.
The lady was nice, took my phone number, and said she will personally call me for confirmation.
We will see about that.

Yeah. I also have some swamp land in Arizona if you are interested.lol:)

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Hi guys!! does anyone know if there's any commitment-free iPhone available in Apple Stores in Toronto? Are they hard to find?
I'm planning to fly there in about a week and I'd like to pose my hands on that little technological beauty...
Thanks for your replies!

Stock arrives everyday or two at all of the Apple Stores across Toronto. The lines are short or non-existent now so you have a good chance at getting one.

Although you can always call ahead, as there are several stores in Toronto you have a good chance that at least one of them has the phones in stock.

Also Apple stores get one huge shipment of iPhones and only they have the ability to take that phone and activate it plus lock it on any official carrier and or sell it commitment free.

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
Personally I don't like signing contracts because I don't know what could happen in that amount of time, what if you were laid off from your job? Most people wouldn't be able to afford 100$ monthly payments when they aren't working looking for a job.

I'll call them up had see if I can work some deal, maybe go with another year or so, but I will only sign for an additional three years if there is absolutely no other option.

Most people do not have $100 monthly wireless bills. Also most people would get EI if laid off and I would hope some sort of savings that could last until they find another job. Seems like the meaning of the word "save" is lost on many Canadians. If you are that concerned about the situation you listed then I would guess you have next to zero job security.

Reventon

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
I had mine for a bit over a month now. I was lucky in that it was the last iPhone 4 they had in stock. They were holding the iPhone for another customer and I walked in, the hold time for that customer was about to expire. They told me to wait 20 minutes for the hold time to expire, and if the other customer didn't come in by then, the phone would be mine. Customer never came, so I snagged the iPhone as soon as time was up.

I'm currently with Bell right now. I pay about $50/month for 500 MB of data, and unlimited calling and texts to 10 friends. I haven't had an issue with the phone thus far, and totally love it.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
Anyone else still having problems looking for iPhone 4s? I only started my search on Sunday as my iPhone 3G died completely, but the search this time around is much less fun than day of 3G launch.

It seems that when iPhones do come in at Rogers Plus/Futureshop it's only one or two tops each time. Now if only Retention had some in stock (some rumours are saying they may not get any in until end of month)

ajax43

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
North America
Anyone else still having problems looking for iPhone 4s? I only started my search on Sunday as my iPhone 3G died completely, but the search this time around is much less fun than day of 3G launch.

It seems that when iPhones do come in at Rogers Plus/Futureshop it's only one or two tops each time. Now if only Retention had some in stock (some rumours are saying they may not get any in until end of month)

Good luck. I only got mine rather accidentally. I was on a list at Future Shop here and they got in 2, count 'em two, whole iphone 4's for Rogers. This was two weeks after the phone launched here. My friend happened to be working that day and called me to come in and get one. I was not next on the list (ahem) but he owed me, so I got real lucky. People are still lining up for the phone.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
I am seeing alot of canadian users on Rogers, with 6GB data plans for really cheap..

I'll be using Telus with my iP4, I was just curious if some of you other Telus users could tell me what plan you are on, and how much it costs. I want to get a decent amount of data usage but on the website, it says 6GB for 80$ which is kinda ridiculous.

Please help me shed some light on this as I am new to iPhone plans and data usage charges.

When the iPhone 4 first came out Telus was not coming out in the open with the 6GB data plan. I did some investigating using iPhone in Canada website and used the information there when I was dealing with Loyalty and Retentions. don't go through the store dealers they are in no position to offer any plan benefits.

I think the promo had an expiry but what I basically got was: total 300 local daytime minutes, fave 5, 6pm early calling, and 6GB data for $65.00, this includes voicemail3 included. I decided to tack on the $15.00 for call display and unlimited texting.

I am sure you can get the plan I mentioned if you talk to Loyalty and Retentions.

I also forgot to mention that I still had 2 full years on my contract so I wasn't negotiating for a new phone lease. If your contract is almost up, you will have lots of bargaining power. I personally bought my phone straight out from them as I didn't want to tack on yet another 3 years just to get a bit of a discount on the phone. From now on I will be buying my phone outright, that way I can switch out whenever I want and if I do decide to go with a contract I can get the best deal.

Just tell Loyalty and retentions that you knew about the promo, but you couldn't upgrade because it took you this long to get the phone.

Good luck!

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
When the iPhone 4 first came out Telus was not coming out in the open with the 6GB data plan. I did some investigating using iPhone in Canada website and used the information there when I was dealing with Loyalty and Retentions. don't go through the store dealers they are in no position to offer any plan benefits.

I think the promo had an expiry but what I basically got was: total 300 local daytime minutes, fave 5, 6pm early calling, and 6GB data for $65.00, this includes voicemail3 included. I decided to tack on the $15.00 for call display and unlimited texting.

I am sure you can get the plan I mentioned if you talk to Loyalty and Retentions.

I also forgot to mention that I still had 2 full years on my contract so I wasn't negotiating for a new phone lease. If your contract is almost up, you will have lots of bargaining power. I personally bought my phone straight out from them as I didn't want to tack on yet another 3 years just to get a bit of a discount on the phone. From now on I will be buying my phone outright, that way I can switch out whenever I want and if I do decide to go with a contract I can get the best deal.

Just tell Loyalty and retentions that you knew about the promo, but you couldn't upgrade because it took you this long to get the phone.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info, I will definitely call them. Would you be able to give me that number to call?

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
If anyone is wanting to purchase an iPhone in or around the Burlington area, I heard they have stock at the Fairview store.

I believe the number to the store is 905-333-0959

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
Thanks for the info, I will definitely call them. Would you be able to give me that number to call?

Sorry couldn't tell you off the top of my head, but if you go to the website and talk to an operator, specify that you wish to talk to Loyalties and Retention. They should accommodate you...

Good luck!

WW

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
I just got my iPhone today, apparently telus no longer offers 6GB of data. The highest was 3GB. Looks like I am going to have to call them again when I get an english speaking rep!

jul.jack

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2010
I want to buy an iPhone4 in Montreal on Rogers (so I can get a better deal trough retention).

Is it worth it to go to the Apple store on Ste-Catherine Saturday morning? I can't do it during the week with work. Should I get there early? By how much?

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
I was finally able to get an iPhone on Weds the 6th. Girlfriend wanted to see if she could upgrade her old flip phone to a Blackberry with Manitoban CDMA provider MTS, I came along and went to check out Futureshop if they had any iPhones just in case, sure enough they had a few 16GB models in stock so I bought one then and there!

I really wasn't hoping to sign another 3 year contract, but after MTS/Rogers teasing 3G here all last weekend, and iPhone dying, I decided it was better than coughing up $600-800 bucks for an unlocked model (plus have some money left over for something for my camera).

So far so good, 3G has been turned back off so I didn't get to play with 3G on new iPhone. I find the proximity sensor is a bit off on every other call but it may be how I'm holding the phone, I'll keep testing it for now.

So so fast compared to my old iPhone 3G! Was even able to get a free case through the case program.. I guess in Canada either they forgot to shut down the program officially for Canadians or they're going to secretly charge my Visa 30 some bucks in the near future, even if the receipt says $0.00.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
That would be my guess...:p

Even if the statement says $0.00. I'll just cough it up anyways. I do need a case for my iPhone, so I don't end up doing THIS again:

4929888283_83a9216cf3_z.jpg

aeromac

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2010
I'm moving to Montréal in a few weeks, and most likely will buy an iPhone 4.. Does anyone know about waiting lines there? And is the bargaining power better for a new subscriber there or harder for fees?

and is it possible to get a specific number (say, get a prefix like 416 or a memorable number) in any way? (can be with a fee) It'll be my new number I wanna have a good number.. In some countries they have that service, is it possible in Canada?

Coming from a country with a cellphone brand that has the amount of subscribers as the total of Canada population, I'm kinda new for the environment there, any help would be appreciated :)

Ehlun

macrumors member
May 28, 2010
For those still looking for an iPhone 4 in Vancouver, I walked by the Virgin Mobile booth at around 12pm today at Brentwood Mall and they had iPhone 4s in stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.