Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Myrm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
UK
Hi

I have just purchased X Plane 9 for my MBP. Can anybody suggest a joystick that I can use that is compatible with MBP (running Snow Leopard 10.6.7) and X Plane 9.
I have an old MS Force Feedback 2 but that doesn't seem to be compatible.

Vary many thanks.

RollTide

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2006
Alabama
I bought the 3d pro for other flight sims, was unaware it worked under Snow Leopard. I like it, much cheaper now than when I bought it. Mine got kinda squeaky after a bit of use(long bomb runs over English channel). I put a little olive oil on it, been squeak free for years.

Myrm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
UK
I bought the 3d pro for other flight sims, was unaware it worked under Snow Leopard.
I'll be honest, I am not expecting it to work on these new Intel Macs as I have heard some people say that their Mac-compatible joysticks worked well on their iMacs but not on their Intel Macs. Oh well, we will see what happens when it arrives.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
I have the CH Fighterstick on my PC, but I know it supports the Mac -- you'll just have to rely on X PLane to setup its axis and its buttons, since there's no control software for the Mac.

Anyways, the only reason I mention it, is when compared to the cheaper Logitech, it's night day better when it comes to precision and going by my prior CH products, I've never had one fail on me, so I have the same faith in this newer stick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.