Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Graks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Norway
Is the tip of the wacom bamboo ipad stylus replaceable? Mine didnt come with a spare tip, where do i find a spare tip? Keep those styluses away from kids... ;)

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Is the tip of the wacom bamboo ipad stylus replaceable? Mine didnt come with a spare tip, where do i find a spare tip? Keep those styluses away from kids... ;)

I would start with Wacom perhaps?

or you could try their direct order site, I did not see any tips when I ordered, or I might have ordered a spare, actually never thought about it till now, did it break easily?

it may be a part you'll have to order. They may have a phone # there so may want to call them. Let us know what you find.
thanks

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
really love this thing, a whole new sensation writing with it, right....Just saw there is another thicker tip under the thin one!

They should have included a case or something though.

Graks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Norway
I would start with Wacom perhaps?

or you could try their direct order site, I did not see any tips when I ordered, or I might have ordered a spare, actually never thought about it till now, did it break easily?

it may be a part you'll have to order. They may have a phone # there so may want to call them. Let us know what you find.
thanks

It broke becouse a child found it too delicous to chew on...
Have emailed wacom last week, but not got any respons from them.
Seems i have to buy another stylus, will try to find one with replaceable tip if that excists...

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
It broke becouse a child found it too delicous to chew on...
Have emailed wacom last week, but not got any respons from them.
Seems i have to buy another stylus, will try to find one with replaceable tip if that excists...

OMG! I hope they are alright!

I have an email for a rep at Wacom, let me shoot him an email and I'll get back to you.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
THis is what he said:

"Unfortunately we do not have the replacement Bamboo Stylus tips in yet. We are expecting to get those Bamboo Stylus nibs in but we do not have an estimated time of arrival so it may take a couple of weeks? Maybe a month? Your associate might need to purchase a whole new pen in the meanwhile."

if you want his email shoot me a PM.

thanks hope this helps.

Graks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Norway
The kid is fine :) seems like there is no point to wait for them to deliver the replacement parts... Thanks for the clarification 3goldens.

Carnivor

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
Have to ask, as i have a bamboo stylus too, did the tip have a small split in it? as child used at weekend and i noticed it seemed deflated, then i saw the tiny split earlier today. you could only see it if you rolled the tip between thumb and finger.

I used a paperclip to apply a dot of superglue behind the split inside, then put a tiny piece of chewed up tissue paper in and popped it back on. now it seems better than before, its less spongy and just as perfectly responsive as before!

I wouldn't mind an army of spare nibs though...

RedM3

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2011
Thank goodness!

As someone who loves his bamboo stylus for ipad, when my nub started to ripped, I was irked to find that replacements were hard to come by.

BUT I stumbled upon this on the wacom site:

https://www.wacom.com/en/Store/Page...&crumb={17D0223A-9752-48D2-92CF-42CE06B69AA8}

the sku is ack20501 but its for a pack of 3 replacements nibs for cs100k (bamboo stylus for ipad)

enjoy!

I love the Bamboo Stylus but have worn out the tip that came with the original pen. I'm thrilled we have the replacement tips now. Thanks big time Tenpenny.

mechanopony

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2010
As someone who loves his bamboo stylus for ipad, when my nub started to ripped, I was irked to find that replacements were hard to come by.

BUT I stumbled upon this on the wacom site:

https://www.wacom.com/en/Store/Page...&crumb={17D0223A-9752-48D2-92CF-42CE06B69AA8}

the sku is ack20501 but its for a pack of 3 replacements nibs for cs100k (bamboo stylus for ipad)

enjoy!

Great find, thanks for sharing! My Graphire tablet/stylus was delivered with extra tips, so it is a little odd that they don't ship extra ones with the Bamboo stylus for iPad.

chadkee

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2011
Out of stock

I am also trying purchase these tips but the link is now saying out of stock. Is there any chance that the person earlier can contact her friend at Wacom to find out if and when they will be in stock again. Thank you..

dlemor

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2011
Out of Stock

I tried to order the nibs today (Nov 25 2011) and the link on the thread doesn't even load. Seems like Wacom took the page down. I sent an email to their customer service to clarify what is going on and will update when I get a response.

In the meantime does anyone know if anyone besides Wacom sells the replacement nibs?

re.coach.mw

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2012
Bamboo Stylus for Ipad

I am on my second pen, and the nib just gave out, i get about a months use out of each pen. I love how it writes but in my opinion there's a defect here.

hchavarria

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
I have been using my bamboo for about 2 months now and no problems, I just ordered some replacement nibs to have them for when I need them.

jrstafford67

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2012
I've tried the URL's in the thread and also checked in various other places. They are out of stock and I can't find a replacement anywhere. Love the stylus but not worth paying $30 if you can't get a replacement.

Any other ideas to find replacement tips?

mr.wiggles

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2011
Keep trying the link given above. In the fall they were out of stock as well. When they got more, I ordered a couple packs. Should be set for quite a while now. Thanks for sharing that link!

rodneyranger

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2012
Asheville, NC
Replacement tip for Bamboo stylus

I have been trying to order three new nibs for my Bamoboo stylus also, for about six months. Whenever I go to the Wacom Website they are always out-of-stock! I tried ordering last night and their Website was down for maintenance and then this morning they were out-of-stock again!!! I purchased the Bamboo stylus because of the smaller diameter tip for illustrating using iDraw on my iPad2 and it has worked great until the nib split. Can't Wacom make a more durable nib? Like maybe one that is solid rubber or at least bit thicker???!!! I have a spare stylus to use, a Targus one, but the tip is larger than the one on the Bamboo stylus. And maybe when they receive the new stock, they can limit it to only one pack per customer so some of us can finally get a replacement pack. If I have to wait another six months, I will throw the darn thing into the garbage and find something else!!! For those people ordering FIVE packs of replacement nibs at a time, why not order ONE and let some of the rest of us get our replacements???!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.