Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LuthersBoots

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2010
Lake District, Cumbria UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Hi all. I've been having a problem with my iPhone for the last couple weeks. I take a photo, it shows up in the little preview. But when I go to the camera roll it doesn't save.
It shows the latest photo as one I took a few weeks ago.
I'm running the latest beta.

Any ideas?

Eluded

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
Did you try renaming or deleting that folder in DCIM? That would cause the iOS to recreate it and the newly created folder should correct the issue.

LuthersBoots

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2010
Lake District, Cumbria UK
Fixed

I did a bit more hunting and I used Phone Exporer to take a d=look in the DCIM folder.

Deleted the file named 999APPLE and everything is working again.

Not sure why, but I am guessing it though I had reached the max number of images for some reason.

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
I just wanted to chime in and confirm that I used the same method to fix my camera not saving photos after doing the 5.1.1 Jailbreak.

Deleted the 100APPLE folder and without even needing to respring the springboard I'm able to take and save photos and screenshots again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.