Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Did they fix the proximity sensor in the new 8GB iPhone 4 and the new iPhone 4S? Face dialing was horrible on my old AT&T iPhone 4.

I heard that the white ones have a new sensor, but the black ones (iPhone 4) still have the old crap ones that face dial. Can anyone confirm that this is no longer an issue with even white iPhones?

hohohong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2007
The last batch of white iPhone 4 I tested were manufactured in Aug. And those still have proximity problem. Unless Apple changed something after Aug,...

jalpert

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
The proximity sensor in the iPhone 4 fixed or not is not nearly as good as it was in the 3GS. Apple 'fixed' the issue and my phone got replaced for other reasons, and I still see the screen turning on etc.

iPhone, iPhone3G, iPhone3GS, never had the screen turn on once for me.

rydeordie99

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2011
Yep, this was by far my biggest complaint with the iPhone 4. I have gone through 3 different iPhone 4's over the last year (for unrelated problems) and while it got progressively better, it still was horrible compared to my 3GS. My 3GS was perfect in every way, and it didn't have sharp edges...

wutang61

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2011
i had a black 4. prox. sensor never worked correctly. constant face dialing.

the bluetooth range was horrible. phone had to be in direct line of sight and within about 10 feet.

anyone else have horrible Bluetooth issues along with the sensor? its enough to piss you off.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
When I first got my iPhone 4 it had the proximity issue, but that was fixed fairly well after iOS 4.1 or so. I haven't noticed the problem since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.