Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaryana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Tried to enable iCloud backup on the iPhone 4, but I get the following:

"iCloud Backup Failed, There was a problem enabling iCloud Backup."

Trying again and again doesn't work. So when I plug my phone into iTunes, I am able to enable iCloud backup there and then it will finally turn on.

When I go back to the iCloud settings on the iPhone, and try to "Back Up Now", it just says "there was a problem completing the backup, please try again later"

I've deleted my iCloud account and added it over and over. I also enabled automatic downloads on the Store Settings menu.

When I go into the Manage Storage menu in iCloud and look at my backups, it shows my phone with 969 MB, but then when you select it it shows nothing under Next Backup Size.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance...

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Tried to enable iCloud backup on the iPhone 4, but I get the following:

"iCloud Backup Failed, There was a problem enabling iCloud Backup."

Trying again and again doesn't work. So when I plug my phone into iTunes, I am able to enable iCloud backup there and then it will finally turn on.

When I go back to the iCloud settings on the iPhone, and try to "Back Up Now", it just says "there was a problem completing the backup, please try again later"

I've deleted my iCloud account and added it over and over. I also enabled automatic downloads on the Store Settings menu.

When I go into the Manage Storage menu in iCloud and look at my backups, it shows my phone with 969 MB, but then when you select it it shows nothing under Next Backup Size.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance...

Might be best to go to an apple store. Worked for me problem free. It syncs every night when I plug my phone in automatically.

aaryana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
I went in to see them on Sat and they sent me down the road with no solution. Just to try it again later because their servers are slammed.

aaryana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
For anyone else that is having this issue, the solution is to go to the iCloud control panel and select "Manage" under the iCloud Storage section.

Once the Manage Storage screen pops up, I had a 969MB backup listed as "incomplete". Deleting the backup did the trick and now iCloud wBackup enables on the iPhone and everything is working now.

Bertvandewiel

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2010
Once the Manage Storage screen pops up, I had a 969MB backup listed as "incomplete". Deleting the backup did the trick and now iCloud wBackup enables on the iPhone and everything is working now.

This did work for my iPad, but not for my iPhone, because it doensn't have an incomplet back-up. Any other solutions?

Bertvandewiel

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2010
Delete the existing backup?
If I go to the backup from the iPhone its says (in Dutch so the translation might be of): newest backup: never - size back-up 1,3 GB. But there is nothing to remove. There was on my iPad.

Attachments

• foto.PNG
    foto.PNG
    130.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

aaryana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Try deleting the backup from the iCloud Control Panel instead of on your device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.