Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SeanMadd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
My 1st G iPod touch was acting up last night. I deleted my facebook app and re-installed it to get an update, then while it was installing my ipod completely froze and went black for about 10 minutes. Then it came back on, I downloaded the app, and it was fine again. Then, I thought I should delete my echofon app and re-install that, as it was acting up too. So when I went back to install it, a notice popped up saying this app requires iPhone ios4 or something..? I turn off my ipod before I went to bed 'cos I thought this might speed it up a bit, only to wake up and see it wouldn't turn on :O It only shows the apple logo for about 40 seconds before going black again. I've tried holding both buttons and that doesn't work, and it is also plugged into my computer and not showing up on itunes. I've been thinking about restoring it for the past 2 months as it has become more slow and freezing, but was worried I'd lose everything on it. Someone please help :(

SeanMadd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
Even if I can just get it working so I can get my pictures and stuff off it, stupid me didn't put them on the computer -.- And uh, how do I go about using DFU mode? And might I ask, what is it.. Ha :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.