Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will514

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Hi, I have a problem. I can't hear calls from my iPhone ear piece receiver. I can't hear people on incoming and outgoing calls and they can't hear me either. I can only hear them, and they hear me, if i put the phone on speaker phone. When i plug in the earphones i can hear calls fine but as soon as i take them out i can't hear anything and the same on the other end of the call. Has anyone out there ever have this problem?

I don't know what happened. It was working fine. I've had my iPhone for about 5 months now. It's jailbroken and unlocked. I never had any problems before. The only thing i think i did that might have caused this is that i was showing a friend how normal headsets don't fit in the headset jack by inserting a jack into the phone then i put the phone on the dock and plugged in my stereo system through the dock to play music. While the phone was playing music, i received a call. I pulled the phone out of the dock and answered the call. I couldn't hear anything. That's when it started but i've played music through the dock many times on my stereo before and this has never happened.

Please, if someone has a solution or has had this problem please let me know. It would be very much appreciated. Thank you for any information.

- Will

p.s. I forgot to mention that i "virginized" and restored my phone and re-jailbroke and re-unlocked my phone after this problem arose. no luck. still have the problem. so I think it might be a hard ware problem. this sucks.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Hi, I have a problem. I can't hear calls from my iPhone ear piece receiver. I can't hear people on incoming and outgoing calls and they can't hear me either. I can only hear them, and they hear me, if i put the phone on speaker phone. When i plug in the earphones i can hear calls fine but as soon as i take them out i can't hear anything and the same on the other end of the call. Has anyone out there ever have this problem?

I don't know what happened. It was working fine. I've had my iPhone for about 5 months now. It's jailbroken and unlocked. I never had any problems before. The only thing i think i did that might have caused this is that i was showing a friend how normal headsets don't fit in the headset jack by inserting a jack into the phone then i put the phone on the dock and plugged in my stereo system through the dock to play music. While the phone was playing music, i received a call. I pulled the phone out of the dock and answered the call. I couldn't hear anything. That's when it started but i've played music through the dock many times on my stereo before and this has never happened.

Please, if someone has a solution or has had this problem please let me know. It would be very much appreciated. Thank you for any information.

- Will

p.s. I forgot to mention that i "virginized" and restored my phone and re-jailbroke and re-unlocked my phone after this problem arose. no luck. still have the problem. so I think it might be a hard ware problem. this sucks.

Insert and remove your headphones multiple times quickly. Odds are the iPhone isn't recognizing that your headphones are out. I had this happen and after fighting with it for a while I called Apple Support and that was thier official fix.

tpouliot

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2007
Try rebooting the phone

I had some issues with audio. Do a full reboot -- hold down the top button and the home button at the same time until you see the :apple: logo. This worked for me.

Will514

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Insert and remove your headphones multiple times quickly. Odds are the iPhone isn't recognizing that your headphones are out. I had this happen and after fighting with it for a while I called Apple Support and that was thier official fix.

Thank you so much!!!! It worked!!! Much appreciated! So thrilled! Awesome! Thanks again!

sud007

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2011

i too am having same issue on 3gs...cant believe it wot happened!
it was just fine lately!

tried ur fix mate..dint work!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.