Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alonzo84

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2009
North Carolina
You are a star. It worked. Kind of annoying that this is the solution though as I have always used my gmail account (which my iTunes was signed in with) for iTunes purchases, and my mobile me (which my phone was signed in with) for syncing calendars, bookmarks etc. I guess this means that, if I have to choose one to have them both signed in with, I will lose functionality of the other?

Either way, thanks for helping me out, was losing hope! Very grateful.

miKe.Tomb: glad you found your solution too! Thanks for sharing!

p.s., thanks to everyone else who tried to help. much appreciated.

I am logged in to my MobileMe/iCloud @me.com account for iCloud services (mail, contacts, calender, etc.) and my old gmail AppleID for iTunes (music and app purchases) simultaneously. So far everything works as it did before iCloud. I make iTunes purchases under my old AppleID and everything else is synced just like it was with MobileMe.

PeterOz

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
it works, YEAH

Hi

I had the same problem and after searching for hours I finally have got it to work.
THANKS YOU mike.tomb. You suggestions fixed the problem.
I am no able to use wife sync

RedRallyeZ

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2010
Well I also have the MobileMe/other Apple ID for purchases scenario going on, however, my bigger problem is that iTunes isn't even seeing my phone when its USB'ed in. nothing under the devices, let alone wifi sync.

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
I have a Win 7 64-bit install. I was having the same issue. Now my laptop I sync to is located in the back bedroom by the router. But it is connected via wifi. I usually use my iPad in the living room (about 30' or so away) but I have a strong signal.

When I look ay the "iTunes WiFi sync" it says it will sync when the laptop becomes avaliable. I have iTunes set up to sync via WiFi, and my Apple ID and iCloud I'd are identical and iTunes is closed.

What I found was that my WiFi signal apparently is not strong enough when I'm in the living room. When I walk back to the bedroom it becomes avaliable. Just to be sure I plugged my iPad in last night in that bedroom and it worked automatically.

Don't know about anybody else but it worked for me. Problem is I don't like having to put my iPad back there every night or so. I'll just walk it back every so often and manually sync via Settings.

bassanoclapper

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
London
Wireless sync works for my iP4 but not my iPad

Edit: iTunes Tick box wasn't selected. Sorry, false alarm

Last edited:

m021478

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2007
Was having the same problem and resolved it by consolidating my previous configuration of multiple iCloud accounts into a single account. Syncing now works for me for the first time!

sn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
I am logged in to my MobileMe/iCloud @me.com account for iCloud services (mail, contacts, calender, etc.) and my old gmail AppleID for iTunes (music and app purchases) simultaneously. So far everything works as it did before iCloud. I make iTunes purchases under my old AppleID and everything else is synced just like it was with MobileMe.

Actually, everything seems fine for me too. Surprised but not complaining!

adesinacat

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
Sorry if this is already posted.

I got this same problem when I upgraded to Lion on my Mac. I did a restore on my iPod Touch, restarted my computer, restarted the iPod... What seemed to have gotten everything going again was I reset my network. I have a system of Airports over my house and a full, in order with modem, reset got things working. You may want to add a restart to iTunes if you have a network hard drive like me before you try the wireless sync.

Hope this helps someone is this pickle.

AndreyI

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2011
Maybe found a solution

Try running the Remote App to control iTunes (need to set up homesharing)
Strangely the sync does work when I run the app and iTunes detect my iPhone over Wi-Fi now.

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
I know it's old, but I had the same problem.

A restart fixed everything! Now I can sync without being plugged in.

mjod

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2012
UK
Check your Firewall/Antivirus

My iMac started fine but wifi sync suddenly stopped after a few days.

I read that it may be a problem with my firewall (I'm using Intego virus barrier with Mac Firewall). I looked up my iPhone's IP address on the router and then opened terminal (Mac OSX Lion) and typed ping 192.168.2.17 - the iPhone's address. No reply.

I then opened Intego virus barrier and there was the iPhone address in blocked addresses as having attacked my Apple! I deleted it then added it to trusted addresses and suddenly wifi sync works again. I find this puzzling as I have Intego firewall switched off, but it works so I'm happy!

DavidOrtiz

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
It was a bug! Issue solved

So I've done all the obvious stuff:

- Updated to iTunes 10.5
- Updated to iOS 5
- Updated to OS X 10.7.2
- Synced my iPhone fully before I tried Wi-Fi Sync
- Selected the "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi" option in iTunes
- Connected iPhone to power

And, when I go to Settings > General > iTunes Wi-Fi Sync on my iPhone, the "Sync Now" button is greyed out and beneath it it says "Sync will resume when "Sushil's Macbook Pro" is available".

Other than this I'm really happy with iOS 5 but this is the only thing that's really bugging me!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sushil

I had the exact same problem I tried everything and gave up. I just downloaded the new IOS 6.1 on my iPad, restarted iTunes on my PC and solved the sync button on my iPad turned dark, I pressed it and it started to sync all my music, apps, etc. I hope this works for you too. Best of luck!

Staric

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2016
I was having the same exact problem then I just restarted computer and iPhone, after I tried everything under the sun to get it to work, and it magically worked.

Only problem I have now is I can't get the Automatic Downloads to work when I download podcasts. Any idea?

This fixed the issue for me as well. Good ol' computers... Sometimes they just need a restart, smh!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.