Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wallaceb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
I have the new Iphone 4S... My facebook app runs really slow. I tried deleting it and reinstalling, and that only helped for a short time. I have a strong signal when I use it both on 3G (verizon) and Wi-Fi. Anyone have any tips to help this?

Thanks!

tsduke

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Personally I think the app has multiple issues. I've noticed faster standby battery drain if I don't kill it.

DJinTX

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2010
Yes, FaceBook on 4S is sucking for both me and my wife. About 95% of the time is is painfully slow and non-responsive. Sometimes if I post a comment on a photo for example, it actually attaches my comment to a completely different photo. It's just very buggy. Zuckerberg needs to get his software people in line and put out an update. For what its worth though, FB on my wife's iPad is working fairly well.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
This weekend the lag on it on my iPad and iPhone was crazy. I opened up Facebook in my iPad browser and it had no issues. I think Facebook found the four worst programmers they had and said "have fun!" Seriously, people are putting realistic games on these things and Facebook can't get an app to match its website speed? Programming fail.

Ehlisat718

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2011
Did anyone figure out a solution to this problem because I am experiencing it as well. There is delayed scrolling and typing. Very annoying!

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
I'm just hoping for an update sometime soon. Multiple bugs.

Most recently annoying one is when it doesn't update to show new comments on photos/posts half the time even though the notifcation area is telling me they're there. No matter how often I refresh it doesn't update.

mullman

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
NC
The latest version of the Facebook app is awful.
Turning off the location toggle (for the app) speeds it up somewhat since it quits polling your location at every reload, but it is still much slower than the older versions.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Very slow for me as well, though I'm on a 3GS which is slow in its own right. The "News Feed" doesn't always load for me, which is pretty annoying.

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
the app is horrible on every mobile platform. i came to the 4s from an android and that version is just as bad.

its funny though because the comments in the android market are all complaining that they want the app to be as good as the iphone version lol.

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
I don't believe they've ever out out a solid app for Facebook. The biggest problem I'm having now (on my 4S) is that often when I click to comment on a photo it brings up the comments and has me comment on a different photo.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I rarely use it on my phone, but have had the same issues when I do. The last few days it has been horridly slow in scrolling - a device reboot helped.

But what drives me the most crazy is the crappy picture quality on my iPad. I have engadget in my feed and I can never tell what the pictures are, and sometimes i click on friends pictures and they are clear, then scale and become useless.

Ugh.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
Yeah the FB app is crap, just use the mobile version via Safari instead.

ryuu55

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
it isn't fast, but I came from android..... so it's better than what I used to.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
My app kept crashing when I tried to open it, so I deleted it and then re-downloaded it. It STILL crashes upon opening at least once a day!:mad:

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
Solution, Google+

Google+? So you can have a circle of no one? I don't know anyone who even uses it. I've mentioned it to several friends/co-workers. Their reply? Blank stares, and "What's Google+?".

kmpoboy2

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Alabama
Facebook app it's the only app I have to kill every time I loaded up, because it drains my battery and RAM if I let it suspend in app switcher.

I can't never change my profile pic in the app cause it it loads up a different pic.

They should've use the resources they used for the messenger app to really improve the man app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.