Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jongo1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
No matter what I type sometimes the button won't show up to search web or wiki it will search the Phone though It doesn't have to do with Internet access because I'll be on wifi and it won't show

I have also restored the phone and it still does it

Last edited:

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
No matter what I type sometimes the button won't show up to search web or wiki it will search the Phone though It doesn't have to do with Internet access because I'll be on wifi and it won't show

I have also restored the phone and it still does it

do you have everything in spotlight search checked. settings<general<spotlight search

Jongo1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
yes but it sometimes just doesnt show. Sometimes it will and sometimes it wont. this is only for wiki and search the web everything else works.

alanrocks

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2011
United Kingdom
Same thing keeps happening to me, really frustrating!
so many problems with this model.
ive restored countless times and this is my second handset.
think it might be time for a third

Jongo1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I'm out of exchange date. And I'm sure they will consider it a software issue

lazerbrains

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2011
Same thing is happening to me. But my wife's phone is working fine. They are the exact same model White iPhone 4 (not 4S). Mine will search the phone fine, but it will not shoe the "Search Wiki" or "Search the Web" options for at least 5 - 10 seconds (not exaggeration) after you stop typing, if at all.

The only difference between my iPhone and hers, is I recently updated to iOS 5.0.1 yesterday. She is still on iOS 5.0. Not sure if that is it, because I didn't really use this search feature before tonight.

Anyone figure anything else out?

domestic

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2012
I think this has to do with Wikipedia and google both participating with the web blackout that is going on now. Not sure but mine is broken too.

tommym1

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2007
I am having the same problem: sometimes when I swipe to the Left (my favorite way to search quickly for a phone number!) no matter what I type in the Search field doesn't bring up anything. it happens when I am connected to wi-fi. Not on the phone, not on the Web. If I restart, it is fixed and working again. I am up to date on phone software, it's a 4S. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.