Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mykonos

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
Mountain Lion thus far has been a superior update. Except for the little bugs here and there, it seems like a true sucessor.

However, my Launchpad button stopped working! I've tried deleting the symbolickey.plist trick, but it still hasn't come on. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Much love!

bdodds1985

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2011
Tartarus
I had the same problem in lion and restoring keyboard shortcuts in sys pref worked fine. maybe that and relaunch finder or a reboot.

Mykonos

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
I had the same problem in lion and restoring keyboard shortcuts in sys pref worked fine. maybe that and relaunch finder or a reboot.

I've tried this as well and it doesn't seem to work either. Right now my fix is a Function Flip add-on :/ but in the long term this isn't enough

Mykonos

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
No I didn't. Where is that located and why would I delete it? Is that supposed to fix the issue?

It supposedly resets the values that are wrong with your function keys. Its under Home/Library/Preferences/ com.apple.symbolickeys.plist if I'm not mistake!

Nielsenius

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2011
Virginia
It supposedly resets the values that are wrong with your function keys. Its under Home/Library/Preferences/ com.apple.symbolickeys.plist if I'm not mistake!
EDIT: I got the Launchpad key working! Just as I thought, replacing the existing com.apple.symbolickeys.plist file with the old Lion file works. Navigate to Home/Library/Preferences/ and drag and drop this downloaded .plist file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?10kc0z6myu8r9w8

Now, reboot/logout-login and the Launchpad key should work!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.