Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
so now that the first preview of Mountain Lion is out, what bugs did u come across with?

spotlight doesnt seem to work, only suggests web search on my end

notification settings in the control panel are a mess

iStat Pro widget isnt working :p

mission control preview pics on the top are low res with lots of pixel

paul117

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2012
so now that the first preview of Mountain Lion is out, what bugs did u come across with?

ive seen afew bugs most noticable is
i cant do a backup to my time capsule saying date and time incorrect
cant access backup from the time machine app
i did a fresh install and when i went and restored data from the time capsule the computer paniced.
thats all ive noticed at the moement.

Joe HS

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2011
United Kingdom
It seems that Notification Center's alerts are cycling through all 21,036 emails in my Gmail inbox. Dismissing them individually is getting somewhat tiring.

Lukeit

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
Shanghai, China
None of you guys has problems with spotlight or with file search in general from finder search bar?
I find I can't make a search in sub folders and the results delivered are total, what I mean is that I can't, for instance, narrow my search clicking a specific folder or volume ...
Anyone reports the same?

CarsonGallo

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
Oakdale, New York
iStat Pro (Me Too)

I was just about to post that iStat Pro Widget stopped working for me too here, lol. Coincidence that we both use it.

Spotlight works fine for me.

In the new built-in photo selector, the sections, Faces and Defaults aren't ready yet.

20120219-e97r71qapdc2khe9t85byjrf8s.jpg

The Defaults section doesn't work yet cause you can't select any Default Pictures.

20120219-gbp2msdasxbfc11dh2dp7ckduy.jpg

I hope to god they integrate this built-in Photo selector to be used in Safari and other Web Browsers, like you can use the Photo Browser to just select a Photo on iOS. Instead on Mac, you have to load the entire Finder Window, then have to find the Photo you want which is either in Finder Folders, or within the built-in iPhoto side-pane, than u have to look for which album or event its in, and thats if you even make it to there, its so unstable that most Web Browsers are crashed by this horrible interface.

----------

Guys, it's fine you posting the bugs here, but please also submit them here:

http://bugreport.apple.com

Otherwise don't complain that they don't get fixed.

Hey, this site works even if you don't have a registered Mac Dev Account, didn't know that.

Lukeit

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
Shanghai, China
Safari not properly loading images which needs a refresh (or two)

Software update which keeps showing the same possible updates even if they've been downloaded already

Most of 3rd party dashboard widgets are not functional namely currency converter and iclip lite

others will follow...

Sound214

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
Sweden
- Notification Center went white and I was forced to reinstall

- iCloud doesn't work, just tells me i can't login for some unknown reason. The reinstall didn't solve it.

Lukeit

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
Shanghai, China
- Anyone reporting the same problems with Safari and loading pictures?

- Search from finder search bar is malfunctioning: if search setting in finder preferences is set to "search this Mac" you cannot narrow the search by clicking a folder to search in THAT folder...
a workaround I've found is to go to finder preferences and set "search current folder" if you just want to search a particular location

ajvizzgamer101

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2008
United States
My notification works fine except the icon in the menu bar lights up even when there are no new notifications.

Messages is the biggest problem. Can't contact people on iOS message and can't send/receive files.

negativzero

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2011
Got this bug where I can't lock my Energy Saver settings under System Preferences. It always unlocks itself after I close sys prefs. My brightness will fluctuate because of this.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Weird. A restart fixed the Notification Center bug for me. My menubar icon doesn't "light up" or change when i get a notification, though.

CarsonGallo

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
Oakdale, New York
Low Res Icons

For some reason new Apps that I download, and Apps that I update using Low Res Version of their icons. Whether it be Apps that I downloaded from The Mac App Store or from online, for some reason their icons that are shown everywhere for all the Apps that I've recently downloaded or updated are using low-res icons. This has gone on and off twice so far. Heres some screenshots.

20120225-81a7p72gt57wk9ng4ajtyjqcfc.jpg

20120225-bexxcahdmmiby3x4xsxihy2qn7.jpg

20120225-cejrj7yukjaudyqf2ayu8cdb15.jpg

20120225-8i5r81tc9ubcr45a6r3m4r38d6.jpg

But strangely the icons are fine when in Finder.

20120225-r8xni4emse1228xxsh7eem56bt.jpg

20120225-j4ty63xpp58cw1pn5g9cwi9a7x.jpg

atMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
I consider this a bug.

If you have no notifications enabled why is the Notifications icon still on the top bar? If its not being used then it has no reason to be there.

To me its the BIGGEST bug with ML as I like to keep my desktop and menus/icons functional and to me it stands out as something useless that I'm forced to have in front of me.

I can feel it sitting there... mocking me.

that and the huge space on either side of the Spotlight icon.

Heston

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2007
I have a bug where I get a graphics glitch sometimes when loading Youtube videos where the loading bar should be. I also get a graphics glitch when loading up the Top Sites page.

I have also been getting a frequent amount of errors in loading with images in Safari. I can replicate the bug by swiping back and forth with the gesture between pages and it'll give me the bug right before the page (any page) loads.

I have also been getting a bug where Safari won't let me type.

iStat doesn't work in Widgets

I've reported most of these....

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada
Hey, this site works even if you don't have a registered Mac Dev Account, didn't know that.

If you don't have a registered Mac Dev Account this means you pirated OS X Mountain Lion and installed it (illegal). Thus you should NOT be using Mountain Lion.

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Noticed that sometimes it shows the notifications, then randomly they'll go away...then later on come back! - also, is the top icon supposed to be red when there is a new notification? I haven't seen it look any different. (Might have read it wrong somewhere else though).

Attachments

• IMG_8228.JPG
    IMG_8228.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 111

paul117

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2012
ive noticed from time to time my top menu bar goes black... sometimes it fixes its self sometimes i have to reboot.

CarsonGallo

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
Oakdale, New York
Apple Wouldn't Let Me

If you don't have a registered Mac Dev Account this means you pirated OS X Mountain Lion and installed it (illegal). Thus you should NOT be using Mountain Lion.

No I didn't pirate it, I had downloaded the Beta's of it before the final release of it was released. And I actually went to a whole lot of trouble just so I could get the $30 to actually pay for it to support Apple when they released it, but Apple for some reason didn't let Devs and other people who did the beta to pay for it for some reason. So I wanted to pay for it, but Apple wouldn't let me.

----------

I consider this a bug.

If you have no notifications enabled why is the Notifications icon still on the top bar? If its not being used then it has no reason to be there.

To me its the BIGGEST bug with ML as I like to keep my desktop and menus/icons functional and to me it stands out as something useless that I'm forced to have in front of me.

It's not Mocking u, lol. Just use the Keyboard Shortcut Command Space to use Spotlight, or whatever shortcut u have it set to. I actually changed my shortcuts, Command Space is for Mission Control, Option SPace for Notification Center, and Control Space for Spotlight.

atMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
It's not Mocking u, lol. Just use the Keyboard Shortcut Command Space to use Spotlight, or whatever shortcut u have it set to. I actually changed my shortcuts, Command Space is for Mission Control, Option SPace for Notification Center, and Control Space for Spotlight.

I do use the short cut, its really an ascetic problem.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
I consider this a bug.

One thing: OCD.

You have it, dude. lol. :D

Bluedog54

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2011
Boston
After closing the lid and putting the MacBook to sleep, when I open the lid to continue work the Wifi is disconnected and will not restart as before the update. I need to reboot to reengage the Wifi. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.