Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iDabble

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
2s1ki20.jpg

excuse my mess. it's a temporary desk until i have more space, and it's not great for a dual display setup. going to be switching things up in the next few weeks and i'll post more pics. have lots of fun toys in the mail :D

mid 2011 iMac / Cinema Display / Wacom Bamboo Capture / Kanex XD / XBox 360

iDutchman

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2010
Amsterdam, NL
This is my little brothers setup. Late 2005 Powermac G5 dual 2.0Ghz processor, 4gb ram, two 160gb hard drives, running OSX 10.5.8 and an Apple 20 inch Cinema display.

I will post my setup once my new desk comes should be here in a few days.:D

It looks like you're running Tiger (10.4.11?) from what I can tell. The blue :apple: and the spotlight icon gave it away.;)

garrettstech

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
United States
It looks like you're running Tiger (10.4.11?) from what I can tell. The blue :apple: and the spotlight icon gave it away.;)

Yea these pictures were taken when he first got it for Christmas since then i have wiped the original 160gb hard drive that came in the machine and took another 160gb hard drive out of an old imac i had and it had leopard on it so now it is running leopard, but when we got it it was running 10.4.11 as you see in the picture. ;);)

sleepyyellow

macrumors regular
yay got my speakers. i didn't really change the desk layout, but i did some wire management today!

Mac mini i7 etc
Benq V2400W Display 24"
Samsung TV now also hooked up to my Mini 32"
Audioengine A2 speakers
My first shoes that i use as a pencil holder now :p

Heres the wire management
IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

garrettstech

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
United States
My Desk Setup.

This is my desk setup with my new ikea desk.
The fist picture is an over view of my desk, the second one is the two shelves and my diploma over my desk, and the third one is a closer picture of my desk. sorry for the quality guy i have a crappy camera.

On my desk:
Late 2006 Imac Core 2 Duo
Logitech LS21 speakers
Apple wired keyboard
Logitech Canada 310 mouse
iPod photo classic 20gb

Attachments

• my.JPg
    my.JPg
    2.1 MB · Views: 225
  • balls.JPG
    balls.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 235
  • hurt.JPG
    hurt.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 211

iDabble

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010

excuse my mess. it's a temporary desk until i have more space, and it's not great for a dual display setup. going to be switching things up in the next few weeks and i'll post more pics. have lots of fun toys in the mail :D

mid 2011 iMac / Cinema Display / Wacom Bamboo Capture / Kanex XD / XBox 360

update

10rk57n.jpg

I've repurposed the cinema display for the time being as a permanent xbox screen.

Added M-Audio BX5 D2's and a TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6.

More changes coming :D

AaronMT

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2009
Toronto
I posted an updated pic of my set up last month, but I've since rearranged it so I figured I'd post another pic. I've spent some time with hiding and wrapping the majority of the wiring in split loom, so now the bulk of the wires aren't visible. I had the iMac and the external monitor off to the right of me beforehand, now the iMac is directly in front of me.

What iPad stand is that?

Biff...

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
Sherman Oaks, CA.
My latest updates to my Mac setup adding an in-wall 120 gallon reef aquarium on the right side of the office area within the next two months.

, on Flickr

Sweet!!, setup. Do you use each computer for separate things? How is the comfort level, sitting in front of that hdtv, been considering using my tv for a similar setup.

Kurfer

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2008
Sweet!!, setup. Do you use each computer for separate things?

Yes, the mac pro on the left I use for working from home...also tons of video editing for my personal motorcycle go pro stuff.

The mac mini in the middle runs my home theater library for my home theater room/apple tv2 in the next room.

There is a pc on the right is a gaming pc I usually let my family/friends use for local gaming...the far right pc with the 40" LED TV is my main PC I use for gaming/everything else. I love the monitor setup, it's not as close as it looks...spoiled me for gaming. Playing on my old 27" mac monitor is crap now.

I have too many computers :) there is another iMac and 3 more mac mini's elsewhere in my house.

Biff...

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
Sherman Oaks, CA.
Yes, the mac pro on the left I use for working from home...also tons of video editing for my personal motorcycle go pro stuff.

The mac mini in the middle runs my home theater library for my home theater room/apple tv2 in the next room.

There is a pc on the right is a gaming pc I usually let my family/friends use for local gaming...the far right pc with the 40" LED TV is my main PC I use for gaming/everything else. I love the monitor setup, it's not as close as it looks...spoiled me for gaming. Playing on my old 27" mac monitor is crap now.

I have too many computers :) there is another iMac and 3 more mac mini's elsewhere in my house.

No such thing as to many computers.:D

TexasChemE

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011

Goodness, that is awesome. How is the comfort level of the stool in the middle? I love the looks of those, but they don't look like they are the most comfortable.

iDutchman

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2010
Amsterdam, NL
Main Setup & Kitchen Setup 2012

Main Setup:

MacBook Air 11" 1.6 i5 128GB w/ Thunderbolt Display 27".
Hercules XPS101 Speakers (real good).

Kitchen setup:

iMac G5 20" 2Ghz 2GB RAM 1TB HD on 10.4.11. In combination with Airfoil and Airport Express, works flawlessly! Great machine.

Also, (as seen in the iMac pic --> below right)) I have an old MacBook 1,1 lying around and an iPad 1 and 2. Picture taken with 4S. Two iMac G4's as well (15 and 17")

Others:

- Time Capsule 2TB
- Airport Express (2x)
- numerous Apple stuff such as (mighty/pro/magic) mouses and keyboards

Attachments

• foto.JPG
    foto.JPG
    481.2 KB · Views: 232
  • foto-1.JPG
    foto-1.JPG
    750.4 KB · Views: 1,184
  • foto-2.JPG
    foto-2.JPG
    601 KB · Views: 1,381
  • foto-3.JPG
    foto-3.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 776

Kurfer

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2008
Goodness, that is awesome. How is the comfort level of the stool in the middle? I love the looks of those, but they don't look like they are the most comfortable.

It's not comfortable, I just use it for walk-up use. I didn't want to clutter the space with a bunch of desk chairs. If someone actually uses the PC they pull a chair up.

The stool is just a general purpose seating..have a few in my theater room too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.