Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
Thank you! :)
I know, and im thinking of selling the imac and getting a new Mac Mini.
Aye, it a Mtable i used with for my old setup Cinema display and 17 mbp.
http://www.xtand.net/mtable.html

it sounds like you have 1 apple cinema display and 1 thunderbolt display. even if you had a mini it would be difficult to set up both monitors because you cant chain the cinema off the atd and the hdmi output wont output a high enough res for the apple cinema display.

WhosMads

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2011
it sounds like you have 1 apple cinema display and 1 thunderbolt display. even if you had a mini it would be difficult to set up both monitors because you cant chain the cinema off the atd and the hdmi output wont output a high enough res for the apple cinema display.

Sorry, might be my bad english here :D

Had 1x cinema display and a MBP2010 for my old setup.

Sold my Cinema Display and got a imac, but kinda missed the screen estate, so i got the 2x thunderbolt displays through my work for almost nothing, but now the imac seems kinda useless (the screen that is).

Hope that clears things a bit up :)

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
Sorry, might be my bad english here :D

Had 1x cinema display and a MBP2010 for my old setup.

Sold my Cinema Display and got a imac, but kinda missed the screen estate, so i got the 2x thunderbolt displays through my work for almost nothing, but now the imac seems kinda useless (the screen that is).

Hope that clears things a bit up :)

yup it clears it up. :)

yea if you dont need all the power of the imac might as well get a mini.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Just posted over in the new purchases. As it's a mac (my first), I thought I would post it here too.

Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15" with the high res screen.

This thing is awesome and goes everywhere with me but this is my home set up in my bedroom.

I like the wallpaper. I've had the game since launch, but I never make time to really get into it. :(

Rich5150

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2012

My new setup 1st iMac 27" i5 3.1ghz, just picked up the trackpad today love it its so much better than the magic mouse, I have a Henge Docks Clique on the way as well for the setup. and ill eventually pick up a couple of 12 South Backpacks for the Ext HDD and USB hub

and damn i need to vacuum the rug lol

TheGenerous

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2010
I'm an Austronaut
From posts like the one above and many other useless distractions,
I´d like to propose new rules for this thread to encourage posting more images and less discussion.

Who should I talk to?

Anyone ideas for this thread please write me a private message

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
From posts like the one above and many other useless distractions,
I´d like to propose new rules for this thread to encourage posting more images and less discussion.

Who should I talk to?

Anyone ideas for this thread please write me a private message
No one runs this thread. The only people who could propose new rules would be mods.

DRDR

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2008
What keyboard is that? I really like it!

It's the original Logitech diNovo Edge (not the mac version) with integrated trackpad. It feels really well built and comes with a nice charging station.

----------

Both of those photos seem highly edited.

Well, they are not. It's just a minimalistic design with some (for me at least) nice lighting.

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
Home setup
photozaa.jpg

Blinded

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2009
I posted an updated pic of my set up last month, but I've since rearranged it so I figured I'd post another pic. I've spent some time with hiding and wrapping the majority of the wiring in split loom, so now the bulk of the wires aren't visible. I had the iMac and the external monitor off to the right of me beforehand, now the iMac is directly in front of me.

Attachments

• Set|Up.png
    Set|Up.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 804

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2008
Did I move around of my setup. Really happy with this position!

There's a MacBook Air 11.6" i5 4GB 128GB SSD there with a 64GB Verizon (Not working due to living in Ireland) iPad 2 and iPhone 4S 64GB. There's also a lamp from B&Q. It's the Heckler OneLessDesk and behind the desk in the compartments storage there is a PowerBoard with surge protection and a 2TB WD External Hard Drive. And the Printer is a Canon IP1900

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    673 KB · Views: 229
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    767.7 KB · Views: 283
  • This better work.jpg
    This better work.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 255
Last edited:

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors

There's a MacBook Air 11.6" i5 4GB 128GB SSD there with a 64GB Verizon (Not working due to living in Ireland) iPad 2 and iPhone 4S 64GB. There's also a lamp from B&Q. It's the Heckler OneLessDesk and behind the desk in the compartments storage there is a PowerBoard with surge protection and a 2TB WD External Hard Drive. And the Printer is a Canon IP1900

I have considered this desk alot. the red you chose looks real sharp.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA

Love this desk. I'd consider something like that if I didn't have a 3 monitor set up.

Not totally functioning yet. Need to get a splitter.

Last edited:

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2008
Love this desk. I'd consider something like that if I didn't have a 3 monitor set up.

Dang three monitors? Pic!? I suppose if they were like 20 inch 3 monitors it would fit and they were smartly positioned! :D

EDIT: Pity! You could try getting two OneLessDesks and making a big Batman room out of it!

Last edited:

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Here's mine (I think I posted it here before but I'm not sure).

First pic is an office overview (the walls are bare because anytime I drill in them to hang something the wall turns into powder!!!)

The second pic is my desk.

The third pic is the party going on behind my desk ;)

Attachments

• IMG_7232.jpg
    IMG_7232.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_7237.jpg
    IMG_7237.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_7239.jpg
    IMG_7239.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 343

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.

Not totally functioning yet. Need to get a splitter.

[url=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7065/6930009917_932e547fa4.jpg]Image[/url]
Looks awesome. What monitors are those?
Here's mine (I think I posted it here before but I'm not sure).

First pic is an office overview (the walls are bare because anytime I drill in them to hang something the wall turns into powder!!!)

The second pic is my desk.

The third pic is the party going on behind my desk ;)
Awesome Mario wall-sticker... thing.

Edit: Oh, and shelf items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.