Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Tempted to pick up Darksiders 1 if it goes on sale on Steam (got a feeling it will given how close Darksiders 2 is). And Darksiders 2 eventually, unless it gets awful reviews.

I gave up on darksiiders about 1/2 way into game. Got too frustrating for me. Enjoyed the story, but difficulty level ruined the experience for me.

Oh poop I see Silent Hill HD collection has been reviewed and it seems to be plagued with frame rate issues especially on SH3 :( :( do ubidoft learn nothing from the piss poor port that was the Splinter Cell HD collection?

Last edited:

lilcosco08

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2010
Dayton
Picking up Unit 13 and downloading Motostorm tomorrow

Then:
Touch my Katamari (?)
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Resistance: Burning Skies
Gravity Rush

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2009
Since picking up a Vita WiFi and not having a PS3, I kinda twisted my own arm into getting a PS3 to play some PS-only titles I've missed out on over the years. I had a gift cert to Best Buy for 100 bucks & plan on hocking one of my two Xbox 360 Slims; if all goes well I should make a couple bucks on the swap, not counting the costs of games of course.

I grabbed the Uncharted 3 bundle (320GB) along with the Resistance Dual Pack, Little Big Planet Game of the Year Edition, and -- although I played them on PS2 -- the God of War Collection HD remasters (GoW 1 & 2). Gotta say I'm thoroughly blown away by Uncharted 3, totally worth the investment even if we're nearly the end of this console generation's life cycle.

-SD-

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Peterborough, UK
Rising Star Games have announced an April 27th release date for Akai Katana, so my pre-order is already in for that one.

Mushihime-Sama HD is being released on the Xbox 360, but I have a nasty feeling that it's going to be region locked. However, RSG seem to be getting on rather well with releasing CAVE shooters over here, so maybe this will be next up on their list after Akai Katana. Japanese release is set for May 24th so I suppose there is a chance it could see an English release here in time for Xmas.

That's a very nice shiny stick you have there Dagless. How are you finding it?

:apple:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Anyone thinking of getting the Darkness 2. Save your money, I just finished it. The single player game is bout 3-5 hours long (took me 4 1/2 hours, but I imagine others will be much quicker). That's just not good enough for $60 these days.

Wait for the inevitable price reductions if you are tempted. Very dissapointed :(

lilcosco08

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2010
Dayton
Really hoping for:

Mega man Battle Network collection for 3DS

Ratchet & Clank trilogy for Vita (Used to be in the top 10 in the Up your Arsenal leaderboards :cool:)

1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg

Actually just any new ratchet and clank with competitive multiplayer would be fantastic.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Trine 2 is great, especially as it was free for PS+ subscribers here.

Also I'm loving Journey. A classic in the making.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Silence!! I'm closing my eyes/ears....I don't want to hear anything until I get my hands on it...must resist!

Add I am Alive to my list.

Bless

My lips are sealed......... like a nuns ;)

Get PS+ and play it now..... :D

Is I am Alive coming to PS3 or is it 360 only ?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Ok so I ended up getting Lego Harry Potter on PSVita today. Very disappointed to discover it wasn't a conversion of the PS3 & 360 version, but in fact a port of the DS & PSP version. So it's poor looking and has a disappointing frame-rate, it's no wonder it hit retail release before it could be reviewed....

One to avoid sadly. Will be trading it in before the weeks out for Asura's Wrath.

My ME3 still hasn't yet arrived, so my DLC is sat waiting :(

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
It looks like Sony+publishers have taken the hint, loads of price drops on PSP games. It's probably worth looking into if you have a PSP or Vita. Just picked up-

Prinny 2
Metal Slug XX (£23 previously, sheeeEEEeesh!)
Phantom Brave
Ys 1+2 Collection
Tales of Mutant Blob for the Vita

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
How does metal slug look on the vita?
Tales from space is excellent....try the PS3 version as well. I really dont care what the reviewers are saying but Unit 13 and Shinobito(graphics sucks) are good games.

MRU: I am Alive is for 360/PS3.....you know MS and their exclusive window deals.

Bless

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Tales from space is excellent....try the PS3 version as well. I really dont care what the reviewers are saying but Unit 13 and Shinobito(graphics sucks) are good games.

MRU: I am Alive is for 360/PS3.....you know MS and their exclusive window deals.

Bless

Yep Tales from Space is excellent on both, and two fundamentally different games so definetly if you have both systems, get both :)

Unit 13 I downloaded (Sony gave me some free wallet credit for a charging blunder) from PSN despite not being bowled over by the demo, and it's growing on me :)

Thanks for clarifying that for me matey in regards I Am Alive. Will wait and get it, there's enough great games keeping me busy in the interim anyway :)

Last edited:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005

It looks pretty poor on the PSP, haven't loaded it onto my Vita yet. The backgrounds are all grainy digital paintings and everything else is pixel art. Really odd mix that I'm not liking at all. Gameplay is the same-old. If you've already got the Metal Slug Collection then it's probably worth skipping this.

When is I Am Alive out for PS3? I'll probably get that in a heartbeat. I made a 2D game with similar mechanics a while ago and that was panned too... but I love that survival style gameplay.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Just picked up FFXII-2 for £14 new! Still not finished FFXII even though I do mostly like it, and I did like what I played at Eurogamer.

Tip, or preaching to the choir; never buy Square Enix games on launch day. Wait a month or two, get the game for half price. They drop so quickly.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Since GAME and GameStation are massively up **** creek, I picked up a bunch of second hand games today

Crysis 2 (Steelbook edition... £4!)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (uncheap at £20 but probably worth it)
Burnout Legends PSP
Lord of Arcania collectors edition
Haze (for the lulz at 99p)
Taito Legends PSP

All 3 PSP games were £1.90. Good heavens British people, get to GAME.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Since GAME and GameStation are massively up **** creek, I picked up a bunch of second hand games today

Crysis 2 (Steelbook edition... £4!)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (uncheap at £20 but probably worth it)
Burnout Legends PSP
Lord of Arcania collectors edition
Haze (for the lulz at 99p)
Taito Legends PSP

All 3 PSP games were £1.90. Good heavens British people, get to GAME.

Haze is ok, it's biggest fault was that it never lived up to the hype Sony put out about it. Taken as it is - its ok. Not special, nothing too broken.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Made my first 2012 purchase last night: Mass Effect 3! Hopefully I'll get a chance to start playing this weekend...

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition will probably be next.

Also SSX, but I'm waiting for the price to drop a little here.

Judging fromm the first reviews, I might pass on SH Downpour. Still need to finish Homecoming anyways... :D

-SD-

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Peterborough, UK
Arc System Works have announced that they're bringing Guilty Gear XX ^ Core Plus to PSN and XBLA. Huzzah. No idea yet on price or release date, but I'll be getting the PlayStation version.

:apple:

Certinfy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
London
Only 'new' things I've bought so far this year have been:

PS Vita
8GB Vita Memory Card
Virtua Tennis 4 Vita
Uncharted GA Vita (Only because I got it for 79p)

Nothing so far has really interested me and the games that have interested me even a little I've given a rent, and for most of them I'm glad I only rented them.

Can't wait for Resistance Burning Skies and Gravity Rush though, they should be the next 2 games I buy. Seems like my Xbox 360s and PS3s are gaining a lot of dust now. :(

Certinfy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
London
What is it like ? I'm tempted, but when I see the PS3 version available for €13.49 as opposed to €44.99 in store for Vita - I can't justify it....
Well I had the PS3 one from launch and thought the game was average at best. This on the other hand is more or less the same, just the game suits a portable gaming device more just like VT3 was in my opinion one of the best PSP games.

Besides that they have improved a lot of the 'shortcomings' that the consoles versions had and included some great extras (first person tennis etc.) but really they aren't exactly game changers and for that price difference you may as well not bother getting the Vita version unless one of those extras interests you a lot. On the other hand most of the game is still as bad as the consoles versions, career mode is still dull and boring which I think should have been one of the main improvements on the Vita.

Overall if you're wanting a good sports game specifically for the Vita, you won't be disappointed. But for that price difference you're better off getting the PS3 version or just another Vita game completely I think.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Picked up a Logitech Driving Force GT, works amazingly with my PC games so far. Can't wait to fire up GT5 with it :).
Also Super Pokemon Rumble for 3DS.

Thanks Game, and your glorious going-out-of-business sale!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
@certinfy thanks. I'll hold out for Gravity Daze :)

@dagless I wish we had a game near me going out of business :( (ok that sounds a bit twisted really..)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.