Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flyguy206

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
We need a third player in the game now to get some real innovation. Because right now everything is based on brand loyalty. IOS people are not going to switch to Android and Android people are not going to switch to IOS.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
We need a third player in the game now to get some real innovation. Because right now everything is based on brand loyalty. IOS people are not going to switch to Android and Android people are not going to switch to IOS.

What did ya have in mind? BlackBerry? ;)

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
WP 7 is a fantastic OS.
It still has it's drawbacks right now in the app support department, but the OS is smooth as silk.
I have a 3GS, an SGS2 Skyrocket and a Focus and I can tell you that WP 7.5 holds its own against the others.

The apps for WP7 are getting better and more plentiful everyday.

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
WP 7 is a fantastic OS.
It still has it's drawbacks right now in the app support department, but the OS is smooth as silk.
I have a 3GS, an SGS2 Skyrocket and a Focus and I can tell you that WP 7.5 holds its own against the others.

The apps for WP7 are getting better and more plentiful everyday.
yeh if Windows get's more backing for dev development it'll be great, I mean it's an excellent and unique OS right now, but doesn't have a fraction of the dev support Android/iOS does. But I see Windows being the key 3rd player in the future. BB is just antiquated, hate using the phones even, when GF's new bold broke a few months ago for work, was an easy choice to swap instead for the 4S.
Funny I remember switching, my phones must be invisible though and imagined it all in my head :rolleyes:

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Because right now everything is based on brand loyalty.
Fanboys are stuck on brand loyalty. The rest of us use whatever works best for us at that moment in time. Plenty have certainly switched and will switch in the future.

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
Apparently Windows Mobile 8 will be more open in terms of app development, meaning it will be much easier for developers to port games. Only then do I see Windows Mobile becoming a major player. But only if they get it right, and manage to get a foothold. There have been too many false starts, and the public are wary.

I would like to see it do well enough to help push Apple along.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
As both an iOS and Android user I'm becoming more and more tempted by windows. So for me there already is a third player.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
As both an iOS and Android user I'm becoming more and more tempted by windows. So for me there already is a third player.

Likewise!

I had high hopes for Nokia [ long time Symbian S40/S60 user ] with Meego.. :( but oh well.. Windows it is.. for now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.