Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nygiants242

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Hey Guys,

I am going to be making a website for a small business idea I have over the next few weeks. It doesn't need to be too complicated or anything, and I don't know how to code. I have used iWeb in the past for another website, and felt it was a little limiting. The simplicity was awesome though and it was super easy to use.

Therefore, my question is:
Does a program exist that is as simple as iWeb but perhaps has more functionality/detail? Again, I don't want anything code-based.

Thanks a lot in advance.

srcstc

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2010
Just switched from PC to Mac and also looking for something to use. Any other suggestions?

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Hey Guys,

I am going to be making a website for a small business idea I have over the next few weeks. It doesn't need to be too complicated or anything, and I don't know how to code. I have used iWeb in the past for another website, and felt it was a little limiting. The simplicity was awesome though and it was super easy to use.

Therefore, my question is:
Does a program exist that is as simple as iWeb but perhaps has more functionality/detail? Again, I don't want anything code-based.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Espresso 2 or Coda 2. Rapidweaver which has already been mentioned. Non of these are iWeb but are simple to learn and use.

Baytriple

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2012
Web-site design software as simple as iWeb, but better?

All you need is a domain. Web address. Hoster.

Wordpress. Free

A website of your choice for max $40 from themeforest .com

No coding. Professional website. Easy content management.

I even had a company ask me to contact him as he liked my website so much. (I'm a print graphic designer)

-jc

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2013
A website of your choice for max $40 from themeforest .com

That is the best way, but that's not quite as simple as iWeb though.

The themes there are great. It's useful to have HTML/CSS knowledge if going down this route, in case the theme doesn't allow you to modify it through the front-end.

You also need knowledge of FTP, installing WordPress, creating a MySQL database for WordPress, installing the theme, etc, etc. Theme developers on ThemeForest don't help with that sort of stuff, they assume you know all that stuff already.

Baytriple

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2012
That is the best way, but that's not quite as simple as iWeb though.

The themes there are great. It's useful to have HTML/CSS knowledge if going down this route, in case the theme doesn't allow you to modify it through the front-end.

You also need knowledge of FTP, installing WordPress, creating a MySQL database for WordPress, installing the theme, etc, etc. Theme developers on ThemeForest don't help with that sort of stuff, they assume you know all that stuff already.

I use powweb.com as my hoster. They are very Wordpress friendly. Yes there is some learning but to be honest I have no idea what MYSLQ is and many if these other technical terms. There is a far amount of experimenting but without iWeb I wanted to see what my other options are.

The themes can be installed from the Wordpress login area.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.