Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dreamingoflions

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Hi all!

I was wondering if I can jailbreak & unlock a Iphone 3G, Version 4.2.1 (8C148), and baseband 05.15.04 without upgrading the baseband?

I only find instructions but I have used Pwnage tool for my other phone. Is it possible to use Pwnage tool for this version and if do you have instructions?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

moonman239

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2009
Hi all!

I was wondering if I can jailbreak & unlock a Iphone 3G, Version 4.2.1 (8C148), and baseband 05.15.04 without upgrading the baseband?

I only find instructions but I have used Pwnage tool for my other phone. Is it possible to use Pwnage tool for this version and if do you have instructions?

Funny. I just jailbroke an iPhone 3G with the latest redsn0w and now am just trying to install Cydia. Anyways, I think you might be able to use PwnageTool.

dreamingoflions

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Interesting! How did you do it?

Because I tried redsnow for the last few hours and it didn't work. I was using an iPad baseband to install cydia but always got stuck in recovery mode or got an unexpected error. I'm pretty certain that I put it into DFU mode correctly as its not my first time jailbreaking a phone bit for some reason I cannot figure out the 3G....

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hi all!

Why would you want to preserve that baseband. It cannot be software or hardware unlocked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.