Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justelis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2012
Hello,
recently I reinstalled Windows 7 from Ultimates to Professionals I used USB to do it.
So I spotted that my Start up disk can't see Windows 7.
What I can see when I go to Start up disk

And this is how my Disk Utility looks like:

So my question is how I can make Windows visible on Start up disk?

Thanks

Last edited:

Justelis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2012
Yes, I can I forgot to mention about this.
But for example if I boot Mac OS I cannot go back to Windows without holding option key, it automatically boots Mac
Maybe you know how to solve this problem?

murphychris

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2012
OK well, interestingly enough Mac OS X presently thinks the Windows disk is MS-DOS (FAT) formatted rather than NTFS. Mac OS X will only display Windows 7 as a Startup Disk item for NTFS formatted disks that contains a system it can boot.

----------

I can see them quite well in Safari 5.1.5.

Safari is tolerant of images with .jpeg filename extensions. Other web browsers are not, that's the problem.

Justelis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2012
Maybe you guys know solution?
When I try to verify it says you have to repair disk and whe I try repair it says you cannot repair disk..

Justelis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2012
No I didn't..And if I don't have USB or disk to reinstall Windows so I can't solve this problem without reinstalling Windows?

Justelis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2012
That's just great U took USB from friend for couple days, and then I took 8h to install it and I did it all wrong, awesome.

murphychris

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2012
That's just great U took USB from friend for couple days, and then I took 8h to install it and I did it all wrong, awesome.

Usually it pays to read the instructions. But quite honestly I find Boot Camp to be a huge PITA as well as risky. Unless you're playing games, I don't see why you don't just run Windows in a virtual machine instead.

I'm surprised Windows 7 even lets users install onto FAT32.

Justelis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2012
Playing games, working with Pinacle. And virtual machines coast alot of your computer resourses that's why I install Windows

murphychris

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2012
Playing games, working with Pinacle. And virtual machines coast alot of your computer resourses that's why I install Windows

It actually doesn't, but it depends on what you're doing. Games and video editing even somewhat consider the operating itself a hinderance. Let alone two of them and a layer in between.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.