Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
All new emojis for your copying and pasting pleasure. They work in 10.7.4 and iOS 5.1.x:

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????ΩHℑ? ???????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????←↑→↓↔????????? ???

Now that may be a NDA issue.... :rolleyes:

cav23j

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2008
All new emojis for your copying and pasting pleasure. They work in 10.7.4 and iOS 5.1.x:

#########################❥#〠⚇⚉☹☻㋛㋡############⛅⛄❄################ ############################### ##⚘⁕#٭☣###☠☢☤⚚⚛#✆✇♲♺♻✉###✍☩⚒⚓⚔⚕⚖⚗⚘⚙⚜#### ☯###◐◑◯☮☪☬☭☸♆☼☽☾♀♂⚢⚣⚤⚥⚦♇⚜✒#########⚀⚁⚂⚃⚄ ⚅♔♕♖♗♘♙♚♛♜♝♞♟♡♢♤♧#▤▥▦☐☑☒▧▨▩░###########⏰⏳ #♩♪♫♬♭♮♯╠╬╦╩╣╚╝╔╗☐☑☒☉☂###########☏☚☛☜☞☟✍Ωℌℑ★ ☆⚕◢◣◤◥▣##########✎✏✐✃✄⚐⚑♾########### #########❝❛❜❞##➔✅❎➠➣➤❌➵❓❗⭕←↑→↓↔↕◴◵◶◷❢❣❡➕ ➖➗✕

major props

TheGdog

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
North Carolina, USA

#########################❥#〠⚇⚉☹☻㋛㋡############⛅⛄❄################ ############################### ##⚘⁕#٭☣###☠☢☤⚚⚛#✆✇♲♺♻✉###✍☩⚒⚓⚔⚕⚖⚗⚘⚙⚜#### ☯###◐◑◯☮☪☬☭☸♆☼☽☾♀♂⚢⚣⚤⚥⚦♇⚜✒#########⚀⚁⚂⚃⚄ ⚅♔♕♖♗♘♙♚♛♜♝♞♟♡♢♤♧#▤▥▦☐☑☒▧▨▩░###########⏰⏳ #♩♪♫♬♭♮♯╠╬╦╩╣╚╝╔╗☐☑☒☉☂###########☏☚☛☜☞☟✍Ωℌℑ★ ☆⚕◢◣◤◥▣##########✎✏✐✃✄⚐⚑♾########### #########❝❛❜❞##➔✅❎➠➣➤❌➵❓❗⭕←↑→↓↔↕◴◵◶◷❢❣❡➕ ➖➗✕

Wow! Not that I would upgrade for this, or even use it that much. :)

Solowalker

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
It seems that with the DP3 Update it is impossible to create new events to a CalDav Zimbra calendar... (deleting events works though)

I am getting the following errors:

"The request for “New Event” in “Calendar” in account “webmail.***.nl” failed.
The server responded with “400” to operation CalDAVWriteEntityQueueableOperation."

Anyone?

Harold

My guess is this would be either a bug or compatibility issue, either in Mountain Lion or in your Zimbra server. For example, all through the DP2 period there was an SMB share at work I couldn't connect to; I'd get an error about the server's version of SMB needing to be updated. No longer have that issue with DP3. So Apple may fix it (file a bug report) or you may need to update your Zimbra server (if that's in your power). However, my work has 2 different Zimbra servers and I don't have this issue with either one of them.

There are heaps of new Emoji.

Not sure how many of you are familiar, but some of these look strangely iOS specific and quite similar to some jailbreak tweaks. For example, these looks like straight up OpenNotifier replacement icons:

###✉#

iOS 6? *cross fingers*

Also, this one looked a smidge familiar. ;)
#

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
All new emojis for your copying and pasting pleasure. They work in 10.7.4 and iOS 5.1.x: [snip]

...and also in Windows 8 #

w8.png

Rayxxy

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2012
I heard in a video on youtube that it's going to be a software update, somebody know about that?

Im pretty sure that you have to buy it on the app store like the lion. Or if on the software update, its just to update your lion and your apps (lion into a new version like 10.7.3 or something).

TheGdog

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
North Carolina, USA
Im pretty sure that you have to buy it on the app store like the lion. Or if on the software update, its just to update your lion and your apps (lion into a new version like 10.7.3 or something).

I think software update is gone in 10.8. I can't see it being a software update.

iDemiurge

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2011
Portugal
hey, decided to drop by your developers' thread cause I wonder if anyone can answer this question:

do notes and reminders sync via iTunes? Or is it via iCloud only?

Right now in Lion iTunes will sync my notes to the mail app, but I can't get it to sync reminders. It will sync calendars alright, but not reminders.

Thanx!

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Yes to all the above. They are stored locally in ~/Library/Mobile Documents/ and are organized by app with your folder organization inside.

http://cl.ly/3N0L16252R1q3C1c123s

Consequently, I notice a nice little thing that's new. Finder displays the Mobile Documents folder as iCloud now, complete with the iCloud icon.

The ability to have folders with folders in the iCloud folder is enough for me to think about switching from Dropbox. In addition to the Time Machine functionality mentioned, is Versions also supported for documents stored in the Mobile Documents folder? I don't see why not but am just curious.

Now all I'd need is a nice way to sync PDFs between my Mac/iPad/iPhone and wouldn't need Dropbox for my documents anymore. iBooks for my Mac with syncing would be ideal...hmmm...

Soundflunky

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2012
I think today's update fixed flash video on my 2009 MBP with the 9400M. I haven't been able to get a video to play in half-screen mode and then vanish.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Solowalker, you know you made it when people are waiting for you.

Can't wait to see what you reveal for us!

Solowalker

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
Thanks for the vote of confidence. :cool: Work's a bit more busy today than it has been, but I'll try to post what I find.

New stuff seems a bit scant, but fortunately there are more bug fixes and performance optimizations. Nice.

Energy Saver has been cleaned up a lot. I assume all of the removed options are on by default.

http://cl.ly/011H121q0j1C3L3X2r26

Window screenshot cursor has changed to a small black camera instead of the Image Capture camera. (Anyone know where the cursor images are located or how to include the cursor in a screenshot? This one isn't an option in Grab.)

When closing an unsaved document, it's back to "Don't Save" now instead of "Delete." Bummer.

Last edited:

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
New: Clicking the "x" button on an active Safari download from the dock will not only cancel the download properly now, but it'll also move the file to the trash for you automatically.

JuicyJones

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2011
hey, decided to drop by your developers' thread cause I wonder if anyone can answer this question:

do notes and reminders sync via iTunes? Or is it via iCloud only?

Right now in Lion iTunes will sync my notes to the mail app, but I can't get it to sync reminders. It will sync calendars alright, but not reminders.

Thanx!

iCloud only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.