Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
FWIW, I've tried multiple times over the past few days, using my MacBook Pro with both Safari and Firefox and my iPhone via both Wi-Fi and cellular...have not been able to see any stock in the refurb store.

DraziGuy

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2009
It must be location based. I can't see it on either my MacBook or any of my Windows systems, but as I said earlier, I could see stuff from the Apple store about 70km away.

SVTVenom

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2012
I'm in the U.S. and this is what I get:

onKi1.png

Same for me.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I think it's just a glitch. I didn't notice any products yesterday afternoon, but I did last night. Today it is "out of stock" again.

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
FWIW, I've tried multiple times over the past few days, using my MacBook Pro with both Safari and Firefox and my iPhone via both Wi-Fi and cellular...have not been able to see any stock in the refurb store.

Clearly Apple is on to you. They know you make the big bucks and you can afford to buy new. ;)

In all seriousness, I've tried it with a couple of different browsers. No trouble on my iMac. But I see what you're talking about on my iPhone. Very strange.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I was able to see the refurbs last night

When surfing these boards last night, I saw a post about no more 17" MBPs in the refurb store, so I clicked the link and saw a slew of them.

Late on the draw again ;)

ericinboston

macrumors 68010
Jan 13, 2008
This is what you get when you power your website with the most powerful Mac software: FileMaker Pro

NMF

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2011
Refurbs still up for me. They've never been gone, actually. I thought the empty refurb store was only overseas? I've been browsing for a few days, thinking of pulling the trigger on refurb Time Capsule.

Slovak

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
£399 for a refurbished iPad 2?! That's $615 US, I knew the pricing was much higher for Apple products overseas but c'mon, that's ridiculous!

The £399 includes a 20% VAT (effectively sales tax). Welcome to Europe, don't go to Hungary VAT is 27% there.

Then you add the cost of transportation ($8+ per gallon of gas), "free" healthcare, 6 weeks of vacation benefits, etc. I'd say £399 is actually "cheaper" than in the US.

Free to recipient != free of cost

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.