Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adr1974

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2007
FWIW, it doesn't work for me unless I sign in. After signing in, it works perfectly.

SLOAero

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2012
It's up for me

I'm not sure if it is at all location based, but it has been working fine for me here in California. I have been checking about once a day for the past few days - since I read someone state that the site wasn't working for them.

mwayne85

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2009
I'm in the U.S. and this is what I get:

onKi1.png

This is what I'm getting as well.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Weird. I tried signing in, but all I see are the three items at the top and the "Sorry" message. And if I click on one of the visible items, the page it takes me to says the item is out of stock.

Blu-Ray

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
Colorado
Nothing is listed in the US store for me and whenever I click on a direct link to a product that someone else provides, it shows the product as "Out of stock". This occurs whether or not I log in.

wvmb

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2011
I couldn't see anything at first (clicking on the refurb links down the bottom left of the store), but then I started clicking on various things and it started showing up. Not exactly sure what exact click made it work, but if you need it now try clicking on individual items that say "out of stock" or anything else that seems promising, that's what I did, and it started showing up. Once it started working, everything seemed to go fine from there.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
The £399 includes a 20% VAT (effectively sales tax). Welcome to Europe, don't go to Hungary VAT is 27% there.

Then you add the cost of transportation ($8+ per gallon of gas), "free" healthcare, 6 weeks of vacation benefits, etc. I'd say £399 is actually "cheaper" than in the US.

Free to recipient != free of cost

I grew up in London when my father worked for Bear Stearns in Investment Banking. I miss it something bad.

...and you're spot on about everything else, concepts yet to be understood in the U.S. As a diabetic in perfect health since 12 - now 35 - I still pay $1k/mo to Blue Cross Blue Shield Excellus and still have to fight them for included coverage as they want to wear you down. I'd take the taxes that go to healthcare, education and other aspects that actually IMPROVE our way of live and make us a better country than this left/right rhetoric that is tearing us apart. God, I want to move back! Adopt me! lol

zeromeus

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2008
SOCAL
Refurbished, yes. Clearance, NO.

Here in Socal, I can see that Apple has stock of refurbished iPad 2, mac mini, macbook, and iMac.

There is nothing under clearance, though.

CausticPuppy

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2012
BTW, after signing in I still didn't see anything listed. Then I went to refill my water bottle and refreshed the page, and now I see tons of stock in the refurb store.

So if signing in doesn't work for you, try signing in and then going to the break room to refill your water bottle.

drumrobot

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2009
It's not up. I don't know why some people say it is, but I bet if they looked closely, they'd realize that the items they CAN find are all out of stock. The 'categories' pages (Mac, iPad, etc.) are blank, except for three featured items--all of which are out of stock.

Spoke to Apple. They said that it IS a technical glitch, and they're working on it. You can still order by phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.