Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Averix

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2012
This is what I get…

I live in San Diego…
2mhy83l.png

maxwelltech

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2011
Irvine, CA, USA
The iPad section of the Apple refurb store has a special limited time price sale going on right now. Verizon (3G) iPad 2 16GB for 399, VZ iPad 2 32GB for 479, VZ iPad 2 64GB for 579. What a deal!

Last edited:

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I live in San Diego…Image

And this is one of the reasons that the down voting button should be back, and posting images should be disabled for newbies or for people who have a post count of less then a certain number.

Try making that Huge Image a bit smaller next time.

----------

US refurb store works fine here, somewhere in South Asia.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
And this is one of the reasons that the down voting button should be back, and posting images should be disabled for newbies or for people who have a post count of less then a certain number.

Try making that Huge Image a bit smaller next time.

----------

US refurb store works fine here, somewhere in South Asia.
If you down vote a post because of that then the person probably won't know why they got down voted, but telling them why like you just did will. But lets not discuss this here.

NYC Matt

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011
Umm, NYC
Cookie problem

It's a cookie problem - earlier today, I saw the empty store

then I cleared out my cookies, and the regular store reappeared.

It looks like Apple is dropping a bum cookie.

Attachments

• 7-12-2012 1-06-04 PM.jpg
    7-12-2012 1-06-04 PM.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 7-13-2012 9-05-54 AM.jpg
    7-13-2012 9-05-54 AM.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 68

alexkywalker

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2008
St. Louis, MO
On and off

This just seem to be happening on and off. I live in MO and it was off yesterday during the day, then back on at night, then it's off right now again.

:confused:

nonrg

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2012
UK Refurb Store price drop

I've been waiting for the 2012 Airs to get to the Refurb store, either to buy one at a saving, or get the (4GB memory, 128 GB Flash) Air released in 2011 at 30% off.
The latter arrived today:
4GB memory, 128 GB Flash 2011 now at £719.00.
Interestingly (or not) rather than say it is 30% off, (which it is not), apple have simply lowered the full price 15% from £999 to £849, and taken 15% off that.

I presume the US store will follow suit soon.

Last edited:

touchtone561

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2008
Three days and counting (south florida)

Cookies, no cookies, milk & cookies (joke):D

U.S. or U.K. - Still no refurbished or out of stock.

Very bizarre. I've purchased new and used :apple: items all the time without issue until this week.

I'll try a hot spot next see if it is "ip specific" :eek: at all.

Matador Red

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2012
Checked the refurb store many times over the last few days and it worked every time. No issues for me. I keep seeing these reports and news stories all over the web. Seems like a load of BS from where I sit.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Can't wait for the first model with USB 3.0 to show up.

I kind of wonder if they're trying to clear out older refurbished inventory first without having to drop pricing. The refurb section is packed at the moment, and the stupid bugged pricing on the mac pro remains.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I kind of wonder if they're trying to clear out older refurbished inventory first without having to drop pricing. The refurb section is packed at the moment, and the stupid bugged pricing on the mac pro remains.
It might be my imagination, but the 2011 models have seen an additional price drop in the past few weeks.

transphasic

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2012
I deleted all cookies and checked the refurb store, and it made no difference.=, so this has nothing to do with cookies.

It looks like either a server error or they are intentionally pushing people towards new product to see how the sales are this week as a test if no refurbs are available(?).

By the way, I miss the negative vote option, the admins should add that back.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
It might be my imagination, but the 2011 models have seen an additional price drop in the past few weeks.

They haven't really dropped. The issue is that they can look different depending on available configurations. The lower end of the 15" line from 2011 is a good place to buy as it's in the $1200-1400 range, especially if your state has a tax holiday. There are a number of configurations around $1800. My guess would be that they intend to clear some of this inventory prior to listing current year 15" models (as many would fall into that price range). Given that they no longer charge restocking fees, their refurbished inventory has most likely increased.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
They haven't really dropped. The issue is that they can look different depending on available configurations. The lower end of the 15" line from 2011 is a good place to buy as it's in the $1200-1400 range, especially if your state has a tax holiday. There are a number of configurations around $1800. My guess would be that they intend to clear some of this inventory prior to listing current year 15" models (as many would fall into that price range). Given that they no longer charge restocking fees, their refurbished inventory has most likely increased.
I noticed the ~$1,300 configuration with the HD 6490M. I had forgotten about that bottom of the barrel GPU. The late 2011 brought a better mainline GPU across the board and this year we have the GT 650M fully clocked at 900 MHz.

I might be able to hold off until a Late 2012 update before grabbing a refurbished Mid 2012 at double discount. (Refurb + one model old vs. Refurb current model.)

Ivy Bridge + USB 3.0 is going to be a major upgrade from my 13.3" Core 2 Duo.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I deleted all cookies and checked the refurb store, and it made no difference.=, so this has nothing to do with cookies.

It looks like either a server error or they are intentionally pushing people towards new product to see how the sales are this week as a test if no refurbs are available(?).

By the way, I miss the negative vote option, the admins should add that back.

In this specific instance I agree with you on the vote.

Do you seriously think Apple is pushing x% of people that visit the online store away from refurbs ?

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
I noticed the ~$1,300 configuration with the HD 6490M. I had forgotten about that bottom of the barrel GPU. The late 2011 brought a better mainline GPU across the board and this year we have the GT 650M fully clocked at 900 MHz.

I might be able to hold off until a Late 2012 update before grabbing a refurbished Mid 2012 at double discount. (Refurb + one model old vs. Refurb current model.)

Ivy Bridge + USB 3.0 is going to be a major upgrade from my 13.3" Core 2 Duo.

Oh that initial gpu sucked. I'm not arguing with that. The cheapest late 2011 $1359. Once you start to go beyond that, I wonder if it's still worth it compared to just waiting for a refurb model of the current $1800 15". It does surprise me "slightly" that Apple stuck to 512MB of vram in the lower configuration. I don't understand why they feel the need to use low end gpu options in a computer of that base price (even the 6490M one started at $1800). What makes you anticipate a late 2012 model? Last year we had a model very early in the year, and Ivy Bridge was still looking pretty far out when Intel released those speed bumps. If it won't go past a year, I think they may wait it out.

lali

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
update! I live in Montreal, I use the canadian website, and refurbs are back
François

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Oh that initial gpu sucked. I'm not arguing with that. The cheapest late 2011 $1359. Once you start to go beyond that, I wonder if it's still worth it compared to just waiting for a refurb model of the current $1800 15". It does surprise me "slightly" that Apple stuck to 512MB of vram in the lower configuration. I don't understand why they feel the need to use low end gpu options in a computer of that base price (even the 6490M one started at $1800). What makes you anticipate a late 2012 model? Last year we had a model very early in the year, and Ivy Bridge was still looking pretty far out when Intel released those speed bumps. If it won't go past a year, I think they may wait it out.
News of an Ivy Bridge speed bump is already making rounds.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
News of an Ivy Bridge speed bump is already making rounds.

I haven't read anything about that yet. Is it supposed to arrive at a similar time? If they're bumping it, it's possible that Haswell may drift pretty far into next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.