Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
I have a 15" powerbook and the defult calibration on it sucks. It is way to bright and washes things out. I have tried use the included calibration utility with OS X but it never seems to come out quite right. A lot of people use SuperCal and say they love it.

I know you can share profiles from that software and I was wondering if anyone who has a good calibration on SuperCal could share it with me. I am slightly color blind and it makes me hard to try to get the mac color scheme match my windows machine. Thanks! :)

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I just want to say that SuperCal does OWN. I ran it on the iBook and it made everything so better. Now I use it on all the Macs I touch. Sorry, no PB 15" one though. Did you try doing the SuperCal yourself? It's pretty easy, but it takes forever and a few tries.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
I would do the supercal thing myself but I am slightly color blind so it is hard for me to do accurate color. If I could get someone else's profile from a 15" powerbook then I would feel more comfortable with having the correct colors. Thanks for the advice tho :)

Anyone got one.... :eek:

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
I'm gonna make one tonight for my brand new Powerbook. I'll let you know if I'm successful.. I wish I could blag a hardware profiler as I'd get more accurate results. But I'm not willing to spend hundreds on something I'll only use once every 6 months!

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
Well I just did it, and frankly, it looks worse than the default. I'm guessing I didnt do it right, so I'll try again later.

<rant>We have a million pound media facility where I work, with money pouring in from Sony and many other corporations. Its full of lovely Macs, but they are unwilling to spend a couple of hundred quid on a hardware monitor profiler!!! Despite the fact it would probably increase the workflow of the department. Maybe I should convince my boss that owning one for my department (IT/Graphics) would be useful. </rant>

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.