Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mcblack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2012
Madrid
Hi, i've seen that the last thread is a bit old, so i wanted to ask again about opinion.

I've downloaded ArchiCad 16, SketchUp and Rhinoceros for mac (wich is in process right now). I've haven't tried them so much, and i wanted to know if their good options, and how to complet them for some rendering.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Hi, i've seen that the last thread is a bit old, so i wanted to ask again about opinion.

I've downloaded ArchiCad 16, SketchUp and Rhinoceros for mac (which is in process right now). I've haven't tried them so much, and i wanted to know if their good options, and how to complet them for some rendering.

I dislike SketchUp, but mainly out of personal reasons. But I used it heavily when first released. Maybe they made vast improvements on it, I don't know and actually don't want to.

ArchiCAD is my favorite CAD by far; but I have to work with VektorWorks at the office, which is ok, has def. some advantages, but ArchiCAD is just the most elegant drwing-program that I know of. But pricey! I disliked AutoCAd for some reasons - it's more 'technical' than 'architectural' imho and less intuitive, can't explain that much better now as I stepped back immediately.

And Rhino, well I own it, but the Mac transfer takes just forever. I think it's 'in the process' about 5 years now, so that's it. I use it on a PC though and like it a lot.

Mcblack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2012
Madrid
yeah, i think like you about autocad.

i'm learning some archicad, do you where can i find tutorials and somo introducting videos¿?

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
i'm learning some archicad, do you where can i find tutorials and somo introducting videos¿?

Sorry, I don't. It was a mixture of learning by doing, fellow students and the studios I worked for back then. Aren't there any tutorials at the Graphisoft homepage? If you're completely on your own and have no knowledge at all, I'd advise you renting 1-2 books from the library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.