Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrailerTrish

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
Is it at all possible to get a version of Winamp that will run on an old G4 MDD running Leopard? I've been trying for quite a while now and just run into one dead-end after another. Twocows was supposed to have it, and I downloaded the .sit file, which turned out to be a text file full of garbage.

TrailerTrish

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
Nov 28, 2010
located
I must be a bit thick here, or something, but I cannot seem to make the connection between the llama and the software....

Another search revealed this:
Nullsoft-logo.png

image above shows llama inside logo
Mike the Llama is the company's mascot; this is frequently referred to in promotional material (especially for Winamp) citing llamas. Frankel introduced the llama in Winamp's startup sound clip, inspired by the lyrics of Wesley Willis: "Winamp, it really whips the llama's ass!"[1]
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullsoft

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Did none of you use Winamp back when it first came out? If you had you recognize the sound clip.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Did none of you use Winamp back when it first came out? If you had you recognize the sound clip.

I did use it, even played with the visualisations and was bummed, that iTunes was so restricted with that feature, but I eventually grew out of my viz phase (smoking weed is really fun with some extra viz) and didn't look back, though the past years iTunes has become quite a big pile of excrement, thus I wish, something simple as Winamp would exist. MacAmp is not that visually appealing though.

And I hadn't I searched for that video, I wouldn't have been reminded of that sound, which I haven't heard for almost a decade (Winamp version 2 was my last one, though I still remember version 5 and was confused, why there was no version 4.

EDIT:
And again, a www search brought me here. Man, I am bad at this, am I not?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.