Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ProMod

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
As a freelance designer, I've been holding off on jumping to 10.8 until at least 10.8.2 is released to avoid all the early bugs. I'm still on 10.6.8, primarily using Adobe CS6. Is it safe to jump now?

I have an iPhone 5 coming Friday, and I'd like to get everything ready before I get it. What am I missing as far as iCloud, etc. by sticking with 10.6.8? I use an iPhone 4 and iPad 3 now, and they're both setup with iCloud. I guess my Mac is just out of the loop as far as syncing contacts, calendars, iMessages, etc. I've been getting by, but I'm itching to make the jump. Any thoughts? Machine is in my sig.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
You'll do fine on 10.8.2. ML is very stable, it's pretty fast like SL or even better in some cases, and iCloud just makes up for the entire experience.

I use CS6 nearly everyday on ML, and it runs amazingly well.

ProMod

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
You'll do fine on 10.8.2. ML is very stable, it's pretty fast like SL or even better in some cases, and iCloud just makes up for the entire experience.

Thanks for the input. Do you happen to use InDesign? How does it run on ML?

davidp158

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2005
CS6 After Effects and Premiere Pro w/ML?

I am also in the dark ages with 10.6.8, and looking to upgrade. Do you have any experience with how CS6 After Effects and Premier Pro work within Mountain Lion? CS6 AE has some serious screen redraw artifacts and performance issues that I didn't have with earlier versions, but I don't know if ML will help that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.