Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thelink

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
Guys. Let us put our heads together here. Because this is not affecting everyone. List your device, if you restored from backup, or setup as a new device. There has to be something on common here.

I was on 5.1 before I upgraded over usb from itunes. I tried to connect to wifi and I received the log in web page.
Thats my story...

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
Same issue here. Having the problem on my son's iPod Touch 4th gen that I just updated as well as my iPhone 4S.

I had updated my iPhone 4S and my iPad at work today though and both had connected to my work network without any issues (around lunch time). At home, my iPad is connecting fine, but my iPhone 4S is not.

This is very strange. Why would a Wi-Fi Connection need to connect to Apple for anything anyhow???

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
Ditto. Using an Airport Extreme. :(

Edit - same issue when I enable my 2Wire's wifi.

Edit 2 - works for me now! I'm not exactly sure how. I changed the 2Wire's authentication from WPA2-PSK (AES) to WPA-PSK (TKIP) and it worked. Then I went back to my Airport Extreme connection, and that worked to.

Last edited:

cvasquez77

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
I came here exactly to post that link.
Does anyone know if iOS 5 uses the same file and if iOS 5 devices are also having the problem?

I'm having the problem on my iPhone 4 (iOS 6) which I updated this morning. I wasn't having the problem right after I updated though. :mad::confused:

I have an iPad 1 (wifi only - iOS 5) and it is working fine. :cool:

It was working fine at school (where I have to log on to wifi via their website) and earlier when I was at home through my wifi (airport). I'm home again and it's not working :(

:(:apple:

Last edited:

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Possible interim fix for some:

If your router has a guest access (Linksys 3200, here), the guest access is allowing me to connect. It has it's own web page for entering a password, so perhaps that's how it's getting around the Apple.com page.

Otherwise, me too.

Regards,
Tom

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
I have just started experiencing this! Highly annoying. My iPad 2 is fine but my iPhone 4 just won't connect. Keeps going to apple.com. I updated a few hours ago but this problem has only just occurred. Anyone found a solution yet?

turangb

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
So, if it's not an iOS6 Problem per se should we restore or wait? Anyone with iOS5.x having the same issue?

Martyrd0m

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
NJ
This is so strange. Airport Utility wont even show my router on either my iPad 3 or 4S. Apple better double time a fix with less then 48 hours before over 2 million new iPhones are set to be delivered.

RxMac

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
This is happening on all of my iOS6 devices. Even trying to do it on my MacBook Pro that is updated to 10.8.2..... I have reset all routers and access points and its still doing it. Note: it was not doing this until late today, I've been running betas and never had the problem.

Jacob1447

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Same issue for me. Worked for about a half hour on the two iPods that were updated and then didn't work. My other iOS 5 devises all work fine along with my computer.

hwojtek

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Poznan, Poland
I can not believe some ****ing idiot has based all this funky "easy wifi login" on a webpage that got ****ing removed!!!! Now I have three devices technically unusable (no 3G in my rural area).

vawolf

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2004
I try to connect my iphone and my wifes iphone to our wifi and after it connects. It opens Safari and loads Apple.com with Log In in the header?

This is weird!

This is exactly the problem I am having. I should add that I am trying to connect to a 1TB Time Capsule. My Macbook Air connects just fine to it though.

albeik

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2003
Marlborough, MA, USA
Up vote this guy!

Here is what is going on. Ever since iOS 4(?) there has been a feature where if you connect to a WiFi network it will try to ping this site:http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html

If it is a success then it lets you connect, if it is not a success the phone trys to bring up what would be a Login page for corporate wifi networks. Example, public access points that have a login page, etc.

It seems that some moron at Apple deleted the file located at http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html and that is why it is not working.

This is not an iOS 6 issue but rather a problem with Apple's website.

Rebooting your phone will not help, nothing will help until Apple fixes the problem on their end.

pittpanthersfan

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2009
Getting this on my iPad 2. It looks like a login screen that you would see when trying to connect to a coffeehouse wifi point.

Very odd.

dias2222

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2008
Why the **** are my devices going to an apple website when I connect to my local wifi in the first place?

i was also wondering the same thing....
is iOS 6 watching us?
i think steeve would never release an iOS with suck a problem.
thats a shame

bruleke

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2009
YOUTUBE: Y U NO PUT COMMA AND DOT IN THE VIEWS' COUNT???

Seriously, you have to stop, read again and think if its "million" or "thousands" of views.

Of course this has everything to do with this thread.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
tumblr_m8jv2eOwCg1rsfr7s.jpg

Nilla Wafer

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
Texas
iPad 3 is working fine (for now) but my iPhone wifi connection is down. Hope they get this fixed soon and before the iPhone 5 is out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.