Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AgentOrange

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2004
This fixed it for me

Go To:

Settings>Wi-Fi>("Your Network")> [the blue circle arrow icon]

Scroll to bottom of screen and set HTTP Proxy to Auto

.. hope that helps

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Known iOS 6 issue right now. No known fix as of yet.

Updated my iPad 3 to iOS 6 and immediately had this problem. I am using a Time Capsule to connect to. My iPhone 4S with iOS 6 is not having any issues. Only difference? My iPhone was updated to iOS 6 via iTunes with the GM release from my DEV account. NOT over the air.

pittpanthersfan

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2009
Here is what is going on. Ever since iOS 4(?) there has been a feature where if you connect to a WiFi network it will try to ping this site:http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html

If it is a success then it lets you connect, if it is not a success the phone trys to bring up what would be a Login page for corporate wifi networks. Example, public access points that have a login page, etc.

It seems that some moron at Apple deleted the file located at http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html and that is why it is not working.

This is not an iOS 6 issue but rather a problem with Apple's website.

Rebooting your phone will not help, nothing will help until Apple fixes the problem on their end.

Why was my iPad 2 able to access my wifi network on iOS 5 one hour ago before I updated?

acarney

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2007
Yep! I've got the same problem, it's happening when I try to connect to WSU's wifi but worked fine 10 min before at my home wifi... Wonder if it has to do with apple location API or something to gain a general idea of where you are by connecting to the wifi & passing the info to apple real fast or something...

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Add me to the list. New iPad is working fine but iPhone 4 is not working.

Same here. iP4s Wifi was working for several hours. I then turned it off to test out my cloud server then when I turned it back on it gives me the previously mentioned/pictured Apple page and won't connect? WTF would cause that?

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2007
I rebooted all of my airport base stations and so far I am maintaining wifi connection <fingers crossed>

hipnetic

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2010
Sad that there have been at least 3 people who have posted to this thread explaining exactly *WHY* the problem is happening, yet so many people simply reply to the thread with useless comments about how "they're getting it too", without reading those comments. LISTEN: EVERYONE is getting the problem now. At this point, we just need to wait for Apple to fix it. The good news seems to be that it shouldn't require an OS patch. The problem is apparently all due to a missing web page on apple.com.

lukeman3000

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
I'm experiencing an issue at work that when I connect to the wifi, it brings me to what looks like an authentication page, but instead it's like apple.com or something. I can navigate around on apple's page, but if I click "cancel" at the top right it just backs me out and I'm not connected to the network.

I used to get an authentication page that I had to click "I agree" to before I could connect to the network and surf the web, but now, the authentication page has been replaced with apple.com. WTF ?

dlewis23

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
The problem has been fixed for me. Connects to WiFi just fine now on my iPhone.

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Go To:

Settings>Wi-Fi>("Your Network")> [the blue circle arrow icon]

Scroll to bottom of screen and set HTTP Proxy to Auto

.. hope that helps

BINGO! I feel stupid........but then not really because I don't remember ever touching that setting :confused:

terrible

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
Freaking annoying. My iPad 2 works fine, yet my iPhone 4 isn't.

Edit: wow that was fast, it's now working for me.

SAIRUS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2008
This is very fishy, as my iOS 5 devices are working fine. Even my prior beta 4 build was working fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.