Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tacvbo83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
I just went from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 and can't use the awesome feature of pairing with my GMC 2011 Sierra. Used to work perfect with my iPhone 4. Is anyone having the same issue? Would it be iOS 6 or the phone itself. I hope it is something that can get fixed soon since I used that feature everyday. I do turn on bluetooth and just says now discoverable but does not show anything.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I'm not having an issue, but I am using an aftermarket JVC receiver. It was made prior to iPhone 5 obviously. I'm not familiar with any stock BlueTooth capable vehicles though. This is my first experience using BT. Mine just takes about 30 seconds to sync again once I turn my car on.

ijohnc

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
I just went from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 and can't use the awesome feature of pairing with my GMC 2011 Sierra. Used to work perfect with my iPhone 4. Is anyone having the same issue? Would it be iOS 6 or the phone itself. I hope it is something that can get fixed soon since I used that feature everyday. I do turn on bluetooth and just says now discoverable but does not show anything.

Works fine with My 2011 Ford F-150 using "sync"

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
First make sure your car isn't still paired with your old phone. 2nd reset the cars bluetooth settings, a lot of cars only allow one phone paired in the system.

Our Audi allows for up to 4 devices in the system, 1 at a time, but the subaru only allows for one.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
It's working just fine on my 2012 Civic. As the other poster said, reset all of your bluetooth settings in your car or contact the dealership for help.

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
It works in my 2011 camaro which has a really similar system as well as my dads 2010 silverado. Just make sure any paired device is removed, I had to clear all of them to get it to work.

BaliThai

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
I am also having similar problems in my 2007 Camry Hybrid. I can pair up to 6 phones and have never had a problem. I tried deleting all other phones and trying again, but no luck.

I think the issue is with the phone - usually when I try to pair, I get a box showing the device (called HandsFree - not too imaginative) and a place to enter the passkey. Now, I just get a box showing the number 1 and no option to enter the passkey. Frustrating - I use this daily!

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
First make sure your car isn't still paired with your old phone. 2nd reset the cars bluetooth settings, a lot of cars only allow one phone paired in the system.

Our Audi allows for up to 4 devices in the system, 1 at a time, but the subaru only allows for one.

yes and remember to pair it as a phone, not as an audio source

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005

Are you going into the menus on the truck and starting the pairing procedure?

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
I've paired it with my home audo device but when I tried my wifes car (aftermarket clarion HU) I couldn't get it. I think it was, as someone stated, because she was paired and it wouldn't let me boot her to pair me. I have to disconnect hers first. Haven't messed with it beyond this.

I know BT works tho cause I had it working with my home audio (samsung sound bar/sub)

technopimp

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
Working fine with my 2010 TSX (whoops, forgot I should be ashamed to mention I own an Acura) :D

All functions working correctly, including audio controls via the steering wheel. Siri also works via the car audio.

You said you turned on bluetooth, but did you go through the actual pairing process with the vehicle?

mattpreston11

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2007
Working fine with my belkin aircast bluetooth.

Siri quality is still dreadful though. Really don't understand why the quality is downgraded over bluetooth.

BossEastwood

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
iphone 5 pairing

I am also having problems pairing with my iphone 5 with my bmw m3. It worked flawlessly with three other phones (4, 4s).

2SwiFt29

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
Paired fine on my '11 Infiniti G37S. Bluetooth Audio works great as well since I can't use the USB connector I originally used for my ip4.

Try bluetooth off and back on and see if that works.

BossEastwood

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
iphone 5 pairing

I am also having problems pairing with my iphone 5 with my bmw m3. It worked flawlessly with three other phones (4, 4s).

grayskies

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2006
I'm having trouble pairing with 2011 Prius. I've reset and paired, powered on/off repeatedly. I can't get the Bluetooth to connect with audio and phone functions. I can get one or the other.

mikejfrd

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
Had the same issue with my 12 G37. As stated above, I just had to clear out my old phone from the vehicles phone list and then setup this one with the car as a new phone and it works fine.

WesCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
I also have a 2011 GMC Sierra. Here is what I did to pair my iPhone 5 after I got it.

1. Delete the old phone by holding down the phone button on the steering wheel, saying Bluetooth, then delete and the name of the phone stored.
2. Same as above, but say pair instead of delete.
3. Make sure iPhone Bluetooth is on and select My Vehicle from Bluetooth settings screen.
4. Enter pin shown on the DIC.

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.