Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dewthedru

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2010
I agree it's not a big deal and people should chill a bit. But...we do pay a lot for these phones and for the monthly service and are therefore entitled to voice our opinions when that service is unavailable.

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
1. non-functional 'purchases' section in app store
2. battery life problems on iPhone 4/4S
3. Wifi glitch that kicked every iOS users out from their wifi
4. Passbook (still cant access the list of passbook apps if you have a pass installed in the app)
5. damaged iPhone 5s out of the box
6. Wifi drop/lag on iPhone 5
7. 'More reviews' button didnt work until 2 days after iOS 6's public release
8. Awful app store layout that lags on every 'old device'

You're welcome, now open your eyes and understand that apple is screwing up big this month.

"every iOS user" off their WIFI? no one in my family had that issue!
The app store layout "issue" is a matter of opinion and I don't mind it at all. No better or worse than the last and it works fine on my old 4, my wifes 4S and my daughters 4.

Awjvail

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2010
Could be that Apple is updating iTunes to 8.0, which seems like a pretty big upgrade. Apple's site said iTunes 8 was coming in October… if international stores don't have the problem, then maybe they get iTunes 8 later. This is my bet.

iTunes 8 came out in 2008.

How are you enjoying your new iPhone 3G?

JJBro1

macrumors regular
May 17, 2009
Is everyone seriously complaining because they can't download an app at 12:30 at night on a Sunday? I mean, honestly, is that all you have to live for, and complaint about how it's awful the one time it doesn't work? What's wrong with people? It's just kind of sad... Yes. I have the issue. And yes, actually, I'm an Apple fanboy. But I don't consider this a "screw up". Servers go down. It happens. They need maintainence too, you know. Which they probably do at midnights on Sundays so that people aren't affected by the issue. But if THIS is all you have to complain about, you need a reality check.
it also affects itunes match users, I was just in the middle of downloading my songs and putting them on my brother's ipod. Plus its only 10:00 over here :p EDIT: it's fixed now.

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
HAHAHAHA! A glitch that lasted a whole 45 minutes or so and people were forecasting the downfall of Apple!!! WOW people.

Roc P.

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2012
Long Island
I'm still having issues with my account. Cant see purchased content in order to redownload something.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-01 at 1.08.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-01 at 1.08.47 AM.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 84

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this but if you go through all 42 pages and then agree, the app starts downloading and the ToS does not return. I guess they want to be able to say that you read all 42 pages and don't have a leg to stand on if you have a complaint or say that you didn't know about it.

NOT true! I did that on Mac as well as iPad. Didn't matter what you did you could not get the TOS agreement to work. If anything you happened to do that after the glitch had been rectified.

TopB

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2012
HAHAHAHA! A glitch that lasted a whole 45 minutes or so and people were forecasting the downfall of Apple!!! WOW people.

Not the downfall of Apple, they just need to get their self back on track.

MacMan1620

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2012
#FirstWorldProblems. People on this forum just love to bitch and complain about the most ridiculous issues. My guess is that 80% of the people posting on here don't even own Apple products. They just show up and bitch. Why don't people bitch about Samsung or Nokia problems? Why do people hate on Apple so much? My guess is its the same reason why people hate the Yankees... Cause people hate the best!

thasan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Germany
Not the downfall of Apple, they just need to get their self back on track.

exactly! looked like some thought its the end of the world :p

----------

#FirstWorldProblems. People on this forum just love to bitch and complain about the most ridiculous issues. My guess is that 80% of the people posting on here don't even own Apple products. They just show up and bitch. Why don't people bitch about Samsung or Nokia problems? Why do people hate on Apple so much? My guess is its the same reason why people hate the Yankees... Cause people hate the best!

mmm... thats not a very nice comment mate, especially the last line :confused:

pbush25

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia

I agreed with everything you said until the last line... The Orioles are going to beat the Yankees in the division this year... Haha

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
I wonder if some guy got fired over this? Or maybe they were just changing it really frequently? Probably not. But I always get really upset when I try to download something and get stopped by a license agreement.

mdg4488

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
TOC problem may be solved; larger issue remains...

I've been having problems with iTunes Match (on my phone only) most of the day.

First, I got a message saying that my subscription had expired and to renew on my computer. Of course, it hadn't. And iTunes Match was fine on my Mac. When I finally got it to recognize my account, it wouldn't reload my playlists. Finally, it did. Then, it got funky around downloads -- downloading some playlists but not others and, as I later discovered, not retaining them on my phone.

Only a few hours after those issues, did I experience the TOC thing, I was able to stop the loop, but I haven't been able to download anything since. The Music app acts as though it's downloading and playing, moving swiftly from track to track, but nothing actually downloads and nothing plays. And the two playlists that are actually on my phone (one downloaded four or five days ago and one downloaded this morning) don't play properly: the track that shows as playing is not the track that plays. This issue is still ongoing, despite numerous iTunes Match toggling, repowering, etc.

Problem appears to (finally) be solved...

Last edited:

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009
I hit this bug tonight trying to update iPhoto for a friend. I told them to try again tomorrow since it was likely a problem on Apple's servers. Glad to see it is resolved.

Some folks on this thread need to learn a little patience. Instant gratification is great, but it is okay if sometimes you have to wait until the next day to buy a song, movie, book, app or update an app. I promise the world won't end. Just a few years ago we all survived when we actually had to drive to a retail store to pick up a physical piece of digital media to do these things.

#FirstWorldProblems

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Woah, what a badass! :rolleyes:

I purchase apple products because their quality, design..etc are most of the time, better than the competition; but I don't dig myself into that stupid apple cult where everyone forgives every single apple screw-ups.

It's true that apple didn't live up to its expectations this month compared to previous releases, and you know it.

Glitch was fixed. So does this still count in your list of Apple iOS failures? What is the time frame needed to enter your list?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.