Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealPorkchop

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
Whiteville, NC
I agree about the live icons, it was the only major reason I ever jailbroke my iPhone 4 and if someone hadn't updated my 4S to iOS 6, it would have live icons too right now.

So yea, updated icons would be nice period and live icons for the weather and the clock would be an awesome change. A few color schemes to pick from wouldn't kill anybody either I don't think...

dontpannic

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2011
Orpington, Kent, UK
Allow multiple users to upload to a shared photo stream! I think this is a feature that would be a fantastic addition (and I'm surprised that it doesn't allow for this already).

I predict though, Wifi+Cell will make a re-appearance, some Maps improvements. Other than that, no idea!

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
Siri on ipad 3, with more languages?

Maybe the ability to add or change themes of the phone would be sweet

NedBookPro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2011
Forget Maps... How about fixing:

1) Mail bugs: Exchange Server connectivity, swoosh before SMTP, etc.
2) Battery life issues.

That is all, 2 things, and I'd be super stoked.
That would make these 2 functions work properly as they did in iOS5

I'm not asking for much...

CBJammin103

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2007
Louisiana, United States
From a developer perspective, there are a few bugs. For a web developer, there is a bug for "homescreen" web apps in which they can only request a GPS location a single time before the GPS API completely fails - silently!

Pretty huge problem for me and I'm sure others.:eek:

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
  • App Store: Do not prompt password for free apps
  • App Store: Faster performance (make it native like Facebook app)
  • App Store: Wish list
  • Mail: Smart mailboxes (synced via iCloud)
  • Mail: Mark as spam and labels for supported services
  • Messages: Merge messages from same contact (with different email/phone)
  • Phone: Get rid of white dialer UI (or at least make in-call dial pad consistent)
  • Photos: Cache-based Shared Photo Stream (not all the photos on the stream are stored locally, capped 10% of the available storage or so)
  • Reminders: "All (incomplete)" list
  • Safari: Full-screen mode in portrait and on iPad
  • Safari: Password syncing via iCloud
  • Settings: Black status bar option
  • Settings: Specify lock screen app
  • Settings: Option to position legacy apps to bottom of the screen on iPhone 5 when operating in portrait orientation
  • Siri: Keyboard entry mode

throys

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2011
London
iOS 6 seemed to miss out Wifi + 3G from the final release. Would be nice to see this return.

My home broadband goes as slow as 1.5mb/s in the evening, where as 3G can manage 5!
second that, I really hope Apple implement it back soon

Pismo500

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2004
I hope they put in a serious effort in fixing the M$ issues in iOS 6 and wait till they can legitimately call it iOS 6.5... I think the maps issue may take a while to fix, though. They need to fix the wifi issues and purple hue of the camera as well. They also need to fix the M$ like quality control issues on the iPhone handset. I have an iPhone 4 (non S) and am leaning away from getting an iPhone 5 till these issuer are corrected...

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
A feature that is so long overdue, I have no idea if Apple will ever add it:

Mail: Delete ALL

ek9max

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2011
Maybe it will be snappier. I dont' know how that could be possible with the iphone 5 though...

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
I genuinely have no issue with maps, I live within a (very) rural part of a national park in the UK where most mapping software is inadequate, but the apple maps have been fine

I have issues. I was driving my friend home, he put his address in. He lives in a city that is not small, and it kept wanting me to drive past his house and go across a toll bridge. Even when we were right beside the street to his house, it wanted me to drive past the street and go on the toll bridge. I don't get it, Google never had this problem.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
I doubt it will happen but I would like some iCloud improvements:
- Wifi codes in the cloud: if I have used it for my iPhone, I want it to auto work on my iPad and mbp
- Shared reminders
- Shared calendars: sharing once, everytime you add something it gets added to all, instead of having to invite everyone for each item

Shared reminders and shared calendars are already a feature of iCloud. You do it from the Calendar and Reminders apps in Mountain Lion and they become shared calendars or shared reminders on everyone else's computers and devices. Works well.

Not sure if you can do it without the new Mountain Lion apps though.

FatMax

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2007
Norway
I would love apps with live icons to look like the ones on top row here, in a right to left sliding manner. On the iPhone 5 of course. Then you would have a dedicated space on top of the first home screen for apps with this functionality.

I really don't now what info would be there, but if implemented I think it should be done this way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 108

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
-more folder spaces
-disable passbook and newsstand in restrictions
-better App Store.
-turn on wifi airplane etc from notification center.
-change colors around os.?
-more that I can't think of right now

--BUG FIXES

foranor

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Location based reminders on iPad3 would be kinda nice. They -did- announce them after all.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I feel like Apple is slowly adding these features but just sticking them in there instead of redesigning the OS with new these new features in mind.

Like someone mentioned a way to turn off passbook and newsstand. I could see Apple just adding another toggle in general or something for this. The settings are a clusterf already IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.