Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leftheaded

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2010
no matter what I try I always have these alerts (see attached screenshot). I use my calendar often enough that these alerts are inundating me. How can I permanently stop and/or remove these alerts?

fwiw - the event is created in google calendar with NO alerts. iCal is adding this

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-17 at 8.05.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-17 at 8.05.27 AM.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 489

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Are you on Mountain Lion? There are some settings in the Calendar app preferences under alerts where you can control this.

WbANw.png

leftheaded

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2010
yeah, i set all those to "none", but the alerts are still there. i'll try to reboot

BillyFinn

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
Disable pop-up calendar notifications

This was driving me crazy too, and none of the usual suggestions worked. What DID work -- holding down the Option key while clicking on the Notifications icon in the menu bar (top right of the screen). This apparently disabled all pop-up notifications -- hooray!

Europe calling

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
The Netherlands
This was driving me crazy too, and none of the usual suggestions worked. What DID work -- holding down the Option key while clicking on the Notifications icon in the menu bar (top right of the screen). This apparently disabled all pop-up notifications -- hooray!

Well,
This works for a day,
after the next reboot this setting is gone. The text below the slide says ' Will resume tomorrow" ?
iCal just keeps popping out alerts about events, also sending those to my iPhone and iPad. How do i stop that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.