Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Undecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2005
California
Is Infinity Blade a role playing game or is it more like those arena fighting games (Mortal Kombat....) with some walking around? I really like Aralon - is it like that?

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
I am really looking forward to this. A shame it is delayed.

----------

Is Infinity Blade a role playing game or is it more like those arena fighting games (Mortal Kombat....) with some walking around? I really like Aralon - is it like that?

Its nothing like Aralon. It has pre scripted timeline where you can sometimes choose a different path but thats it.

----------

Its nothing like Aralon. It has pre scripted timeline where you can sometimes choose a different path but thats it.

VPrime

macrumors 68000
Dec 19, 2008
London Ontario
Not surprising. I'm guessing vaporware / failware.

What do you expect when you take something that was in development, had lots of game assets and designs back in March 2012. Then sometime around August they took all that work and transferred it to the bankrupt failed development team they pulled out of the RI 38 Studios mess.

When a dev has to pick up someone else work, disaster.
When that dev picking up the work already has a reputation for running themselves into the ground, hopeless.

38 studios was an extremely talented team. They don't have a bad reputation of going under because of a failed development team, they went under because of very poor management and investments.

Epic was clearly not prepared to pass the work over to the new team, and its biting them in the butt..

kralnor

macrumors member
May 29, 2012
This is a huge letdown. I was looking forward to playing this game. I suppose it would be better though that they don't rush it out with a ton of bugs but wait until it can be played flawlessly. Anyway, I'm still excited for this game!! :D

It sounds like the issue is more that someone wants to keep adding crap to the game rather than just polish and release it. Remember what happened with duke nukem

robeddie

Suspended
Jul 21, 2003
Atlanta
It sounds like the issue is more that someone wants to keep adding crap to the game rather than just polish and release it. Remember what happened with duke nukem

Bingo. The giveaway line is "implementing all these great ideas required a little extra time."

Sounds like they need a manger to step in and say "that's a great idea, but let's ship this game and put those other great ideas in the next version".

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
I never really understood why they showed it off with the iPad 3. It was clearly not even close to ready.

I guess maybe it will be an iPad 4 launch title now.

It should run great on an A6 with PowerVR Rogue graphics.

"Clearly"? Hindsight is 20/20. :)

BrendaFetter

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2012
really use full and great job you done, i really like it and i find it very use full, hope that you will keep it up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.