Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Best Apple devices combo...

• iPhone5 - mini iPad - MBP 15"

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • iPhone5 - mini iPad - rMBP 13"

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • iPhone5 - rMBP 15"

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • iPhone 5 - MBA 11" - iMac 20"

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • iPhone 5 - MBA 13" - iMac 20"

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters

raptorstv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
It's been a month since I got my iPhone5 and I'm enjoying it more and more everyday... I'm thinking of going all Apple for phone, tablet, and computer as well... I need you guys' recommendation for the best combo :D

bremersm

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
We are an all apple family, but our setup is a bit different then most I would assume.

2 Iphones - one for the wife and one for me
1 Ipad 3 - This is used for browsing the web, cooking, and other casual uses.
1 Mac Mini - This is our digital hub and my wife's work computer.

Along with monitor, mouse, keyboard, Ipad accessories, speaker system, and Iphone accessories we are in for less then $2000 for the entire setup.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
i hate the large ipad... so useless, i sold my ipad2, i rarely ever used it... too heavy and awkward

----------

dunno if i should burn so much money..

It's not really necessary to get three devices just because. I do just fine with an iPhone 5 and the big iMac. You should decide whether you'll actually get some use out of a tablet or a laptop outside of your iPhone 5.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
really tough call b.c it depends on the person. I personally would want the iphone 5 ---mini----Air. I have zero need for a desktop or high end laptop.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
i hate the large ipad... so useless, i sold my ipad2, i rarely ever used it... too heavy and awkward

I've found the opposite to be true for my needs.

I love my iPad 2 bc I don't have to lug around a laptop 95% of the time; it does what I need it to do, and I don't have to squint to read/surf etc. as I do with my iPhone. For me, personally, the iPhone 5/iPad Mini combo is redundant.

raptorstv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
I've found the opposite to be true for my needs.

I love my iPad 2 bc I don't have to lug around a laptop 95% of the time; it does what I need it to do, and I don't have to squint to read/surf etc. as I do with my iPhone. For me, personally, the iPhone 5/iPad Mini combo is redundant.

I like to occasionally play games, that's the biggest issue :(

----------

where is

iPhone 5
13" rMBP
27" iMac

:D

i don't see the need for 2 computers, it's not really efficient in practice as I don't always have the files saved in the same computer... I only want one primary computer

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
iPhone 5, iPad with retina, 27" iMac

Don't need a Macbook, iPad far more portable.
I would personally load the iMac up with external storage for media.

mlmwalt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2010
Philadelphia, Pa, USA
iPhone 5, iPad with retina, 27" iMac

Don't need a Macbook, iPad far more portable.
I would personally load the iMac up with external storage for media.

I'm with you on this. I plan on copying this configuration once my MBP dies. Although, I'll be getting the 5s, as that's where I am on the upgrade cycle. I rarely use my MBP other than as a media server for my iDevices and :apple:TV.

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
You need an "other" catagory in the poll. I have iPhone 5, 1st gen iPad and 2011 13" macbook pro. I would like to upgrade the ipad but it still works great for our families use which is light gaming (mostly kids games like P Vs Z, temple run, cooking games) internet use and the kindle app(my wife). Actually thinking about getting my wife the mini for the kindle app because she spends alot of time reading with it and that would free up the iPad for the rest of us. Although since both my kids now have an iPod touch and I have the mac book pro we don't seem to use the iPad as much as we use to. All in all this combo seems to work for us.

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Just iPhone 4S and 13" MacBook Pro for me.

Had an iPod classic but trimmed down my music collection a little and sold it after I upgraded to the 64GB 4s.

Owned various iPads at different points in the past but sold them because they really didn't serve much purpose. Seemed like a waste of $400 just for a device I was using only to surf the web occasionally and read the news. Though I was considering the iPad mini until apple announced the price.

No need for a desktop either since my MacBook Pro takes care of everything and is portable.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
I have an 11" MBA, ATV 2, and an iPad 1 I barely use.

IMHO The 11" MBA is much more capable than the ipad which is why I got it and never looked back. I have the iphone for whatever apps I use (mostly games or to read news etc.)

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
iPhone 4S 64GB
iPad Mini 64GB LTE
MBA 13" 256GB
Appel TV 3

I think personally is best setup...may add Mac Mini Later on if I ever see my self running low on space/require more powerful CPU...Also having an iPhone 5 + iPad mini...kinda pointless...I would hav gone with iPad 3 or 4 if I had the iPhone 5...instead of iPad Mini...but I wont be getting iPhone 5 and so its the best way to balance the screen sizes....3.5"-7.9"-13" and Apple TV 3 to 40":)

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
I'm with you on this. I plan on copying this configuration once my MBP dies. Although, I'll be getting the 5s, as that's where I am on the upgrade cycle. I rarely use my MBP other than as a media server for my iDevices and :apple:TV.

For me a like having the mac book pro instead of an iMac because its portable(I like being on the computer while on the couch alot) but I can hook it up to a larger display if I need too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.