Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Best Apple devices combo...

• iPhone5 - mini iPad - MBP 15"

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • iPhone5 - mini iPad - rMBP 13"

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • iPhone5 - rMBP 15"

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • iPhone 5 - MBA 11" - iMac 20"

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • iPhone 5 - MBA 13" - iMac 20"

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2012
my apple family is my soggy...would like either a 27" iMac with a SSD or rMBP maybe in a year or two i can get a rMBP

fruitpunch.ben

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Surrey, BC
If I can help it, after using a retina iPhone and iPad, I would never go retina-less again. The screens are just a joy to use.
So I recommend you get an iPhone 5 and 13" RMBP and wait until next year when Apple puts a retina display in the iPad mini. I do love my iMac, but I wouldn't see the point if you're only going to get the 21.5". The internals aren't much better than the RMBP. Get the laptop, and an external monitor if you need the screen space. But you can just set the RMBP to display more, and you probably won't need it

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
We are an all apple family, but our setup is a bit different then most I would assume.

2 Iphones - one for the wife and one for me
1 Ipad 3 - This is used for browsing the web, cooking, and other casual uses.
1 Mac Mini - This is our digital hub and my wife's work computer.

Along with monitor, mouse, keyboard, Ipad accessories, speaker system, and Iphone accessories we are in for less then $2000 for the entire setup.

We have the same setup. We both also have older windows laptops if we need portability.

cole01

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
iPhone 5 AT&T 64GB
iPad (3rd Gen) LTE 32GB
Asus Nexus 7 8GB
MacBook Pro (Mid 2009) 2.66 Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB RAM, 320GB

And family has an iPad mini I tend to use quite often. :apple:

HenryBishop

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
New York
Verizon iPhone 5, 32GB, White
2012 MBA
iPad Mini, 32GB, White

Once the study is re-done in my apartment I may purchase a 27" iMac since I'm looking to do some video editing.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
really tough call b.c it depends on the person. I personally would want the iphone 5 ---mini----Air. I have zero need for a desktop or high end laptop.
Precisely! It's very personal, each of us having unique usage scenarios.

The best way to determine what one's needs are is to write down how you use what you currently have. What further needs (if any) you have, and then what you may desire "just for fun".

Once you've got it listed out, write pros and cons of each of your current devices, the new ones you are considering, etc. You've got to be willing to do the work if you want a good outcome.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Precisely! It's very personal, each of us having unique usage scenarios.

The best way to determine what one's needs are is to write down how you use what you currently have. What further needs (if any) you have, and then what you may desire "just for fun".

Once you've got it listed out, write pros and cons of each of your current devices, the new ones you are considering, etc. You've got to be willing to do the work if you want a good outcome.

Since that post, I don't even have a Laptop now. Ipad 4---mini----iPhone 5. Works perfect for me :)

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
iPhone 5, 15" cMBP, and Apple TV (although its a brick at this point).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.