Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laz305

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Miami
Anyone know of any new releases or old programs that will convert vidz to HD iPhone 5 Full Screen?

Vundu

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Anyone know of any new releases or old programs that will convert vidz to HD iPhone 5 Full Screen?

Full screen all depends on the aspect ratio if the original.

Unless you want to start cropping and loose the left and right edges.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
i'm using Handbrake with iPhone 4 format. I don't know. I guess there should be some iPhone 5 template but i'm not getting it to work.

iPhone 4 format works tho - some videos becomes weird and too zoomed in when I zoom it in the videoplayer..

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
Handbrake might be a good choice;No support for iphone 5 yet it looks like,There isn't an iphone 5 preset yet, but Handbrake are pretty good at getting these out quickly.

Just because someone hasn't done the work for you and made a preset for the 5 doesn't make the program any less capable of doing it.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Just downloaded Handbrake and tried converting a video file with the "iPhone 5" present selected. it loaded onto itunes fine, and the sync to the phone was quick too.

but when i open the "video" app on my phone and select the video, it opens and then quickly closes... confused?

Try it using the high profile setting. does it close for all videos or just the one you put through handbrake. will itunes on your computer play the handbrake file

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
Well to be honest I don't like using handbrake. I mean it is great because it is universal (Mac & PC) but it doesn't have much to offer. Also, when I was setting

it up and decided to stop the installation after watching a review of it, it froze my computer and restarted "Windows Explorer". Which was annoying... -.-

Well so instead I use Any Video Converter which is epic. It looks like a cheapy PC program but is really useful. It converts any video format to any other (iPhone/iPod etc.)

How do you mean it doesn't have much to offer? You can adjust pretty much any aspect of the encoding. It has more option than any other program I have run across. The downside is if you want to do anything other than the pre-sets you have to know what you doing. If any you could say it offers to much, not to little.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Yes, It can't convert any video format to any other, like my android phone, Also,Handbrake plus Subler has some problem when playing (not smooth if I turn on the subtitle).

Just do burned in subs, then. Honestly, everything that has ever come out of Handbrake for me has been completely smooth and I would never expect such quality from something free. Not sure why so many people here have a problem with it.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
Yes, It can't convert any video format to any other, like my android phone, Also,Handbrake plus Subler has some problem when playing (not smooth if I turn on the subtitle).

It will do mp4 for Apple and MKV for everything else. If was written for mac folks so obviously that it was it's centered around. If for whatever reason you need AVI's or something else then it's not the best option but it's certainly not a knock against HB. It uses the two most popular formats out there.

kevin14433

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Chandigarh
I would recommend you for "IMTOO" video converter software. Its a free software and you can also convert your video format to audio format.

Spasepok

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2013
Maybe there's another solution?

Application which can playback any video on iPhone and have options of zooming video and changing aspect ration?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.