Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Markyboy81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
So when did Mac rumors count as the majority?
The majority speaks with their wallet and if the majority wanted a 5 inch phone or bigger than there would not have been people lined up

The iphone would not have been selling the way it has. When you have more credible evidence of a real majority and not just trolls on a message board then lets chat

----------

It's a selling point. And once again a double standard for people finding reasons to siphon thru everything to complain

I love superslim phones. Next people will be wanting apple to put a 40mp pure view sensor in phones like that horrid huge Nokia model

Ok so we're in agreement. Some people want the thinnest phone, some people don't. That's my issue - lack of choice

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Ok so we're in agreement. Some people want the thinnest phone, some people don't. That's my issue - lack of choice

It's a slippery slope. Options are cool however do we want to see apple turn into Samsung where they have 7 or 8 different versions of the galaxy

If anyone remembers one of the things that Hurt apple was actually extending their product line to the point where it was confusing

Which was on in the list of many things that nearly killed apple

LorPGDL

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2011
hey guys, just wanted to chip in- after an iphone 4 i had a galaxy note for a while and i absolutely loved the screen size- seriously once you get used to the size of the screen you dont want to go back, its just so much more comfortable to surf the web, play, and whatever you do with a smartphone.

sure it looks weird if you hold it up to your ear and ive had my fair share of mockery, but i couldnt care less, that phone was almost perfect. build quality was subpar though.

anyways, if apple released a five inch iphone it would sell like hot cakes, there is a market for it and i think its only going to increase with time.

apple should just swallow the bitter pill of having more than 2 or 3 different resolutions for their apps. if android apps can do it, surely apple can work it out so that apps look good on whichever resolution.

Tartarus

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2012
Therefore "you" do.

none of us represents everyone, im just pointing out the rediculousness of his two first posts, first he says that he doesent want a bigger screen, then when someone says that they like the idea, he says that since he doesent like the idea of a larger screen that EVERYONE else in the world doesent also

Markyboy81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
I don't want a bigger phone. I loved the 3,7'' on the 4 and I enjoy the 4'' as well. Samsung Galaxy SII och SIII is just obnoxious. Difficult to hold and use with one hand. At least for us with normal sized hands who are under 7 feet.

To me apple has lost some of its credibility with its advert for the new ipad mini. The guy says 'you can easily pick it up and use it with one hand' yet the new iPhone advert states that the iPhone 5 screen is the perfect size for one handed use. So which is it?

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
If u don't like the iPhone 5's screen size, don't get an iPhone 5.

Plain and simple. Thread is useless

Dick Whitman

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
I sincerely hope that Apple does not make the iPhone any bigger. The current iPhone is perfect. Any bigger and it will become silly and too large to function as a phone.

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
That there is the key. The iPhone 5 is as big as Apple can currently make it while still being practical for the majority of people.
Now this is Apple's opinion, and they might change it in the future, in which case they'll make a bigger phone. But for now, this is how it works

Wait so Apple fans are touting how the Ipad Mini can be used with one hand but you cant use a bigger phone then 4"??? Not only are 4.5-8" screens very usable they are the norm except for the iphone. It does not matter anyway i can bet the next iphone will be 4.5"+ anyway, then it will be praised by Apple fans....

----------

I sincerely hope that Apple does not make the iPhone any bigger. The current iPhone is perfect. Any bigger and it will become silly and too large to function as a phone.

The same thing was said about the 3.5" iphones....Guess what people love the 4" screen, and guess what they will love the 4.5"+ screen when Apple releases it.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Wait so Apple fans are touting how the Ipad Mini can be used with one hand but you cant use a bigger phone then 4"??? Not only are 4.5-8" screens very usable they are the norm except for the iphone. It does not matter anyway i can bet the next iphone will be 4.5"+ anyway, then it will be praised by Apple fans....

----------

The same thing was said about the 3.5" iphones....Guess what people love the 4" screen, and guess what they will love the 4.5"+ screen when Apple releases it.

Apple won't release a 4.5" display for the iPhone anytime soon, maybe until 2014-2015. Apps have just been updated for the 4" display & Apple will not keep increasing the screen size every year from now to make things difficult for developers. Even if Apple does release a 4.5" display, not everyone will like it as well. There is NO screen size that will be able to make EVERYONE happy.

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
So Cal
Typing: Bigger keys means less typos so I'm able to punch out emails without constantly doing corrections.

Have you tried using the dictation option on your phone (if you have it)? It is amazingly accurate and easy. It has changed my life ;)!

180073685072097643_IHnmugx4_c.jpg

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
I beg to differ, Apple fans will love ANYTHING Apple release, right down to a Dogpoop with an Apple logo stamped into it.

Apparently, you have difficulty in comprehending my post. Since when does EVERYONE refers to APPLE FANS? Please understand what my point is before retaliating, or else you'll just end up looking silly.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon

----------

you're starting to seem like one of those android people that thinks everyone with an apple product is a stupid trendfollower. Newsflash: people do not buy everything Apple. Look at the negative response to the 2 latest iPads. iPad 3 owners were mad at Apple for making their iPad out of date a mere 8 months after release. People still have previous iPhone generations. Not everyone loves the 4" screen.

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
you're starting to seem like one of those android people that thinks everyone with an apple product is a stupid trendfollower.

No i own both Apple and Google products, i like good tech and im not biased towards any brand i buy. I do my research and buy the product that presents the best value for what it provides me. The thing is when you take a step back and see what Apple fanboys say and how they defend the shortcomings on Apple gear while dissing every other brand is ridiculous. Let me let you in on a little secret, Apple is NOT always the best choice!!!!

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
No i own both Apple and Google products, i like good tech and im not biased towards any brand i buy. I do my research and buy the product that presents the best value for what it provides me. The thing is when you take a step back and see what Apple fanboys say and how they defend the shortcomings on Apple gear while dissing every other brand is ridiculous. Let me let you in on a little secret, Apple is NOT always the best choice!!!!

Contrary to your belief, no one said Apple is the best brand. No one said Apple is flawless/perfect. And not EVERY Fanboy is an extremist that believes Apple can do no wrong & produces the best devices on the market. Both tymaster50 & I recognize the limitations & shortcomings of Apple devices, & we buy them even then. It's our own money, if we choose to invest in a product that we LIKE & makes us HAPPY, how is that wrong? It's not as if we are holding you at gunpoint & forcing you to purchase Apple products even though you don't like them. Don't buy the iPhone if you don't like it.

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Apple haters will hate ANYTHING Apple releases, right down to a Dogpoop with an Apple logo stamped into it.

I dont hate Apple, i hate the fanboys that defend apples bad decisjons to the hilt. Apple can do so much better if they were pushed. The issue is Apple hold back on thier realeases to make more money and the Apple fans lap it up.

fuseone

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
The whole thing. I know tons of people that can surf the web with their phone. You must not know a lot of people then. Not everyone wants tablet size screens that barely fit in their pocket.

just putting it out there. did you ever try putting a phone thats bigger than the iphone in your pocket you dont notice it much unless your wearing really tight pants. Also i feel they do need a bigger screen, which is the reason why i left iphone back when the 4s came out for the galaxy note. since im not making tons of phone calls and i mostly use it for the interent and texting and when i do make calls its normally on speaker couldn't see having such a tiny screen. Now thats not to say that i dont like the iphone i do like the operating system very much, and the way it works just not the screen size thats what turned me away.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
The one handed use argument doesn't hold much water anymore. It's very rare that I see anyone using their iphone with one hand, no matter what they're doing.

Not sure if I'm the exception, but it is very rare that I use my iPhone with two hands.

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
I thought there was a section for the Android fanboys to post. So they could all drool over what iPhone doesn't have there.......................

tucker3434

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2009
This thread reminds me of those informercials where they "invent" a problem. They show someone act like an ape trying to perform a simple task. Then they introduce a cumbersome product that will change your life forever (so thank god you get two!!).

I'm enjoying my ip5 screen size. I don't have a problem typing or surfing the web and I have giant hands. Would it be nice to have some extra screen real estate when I'm watching a video? Absolutely, but most times I'm doing extending watching I'm traveling and have my iPad with me. If the iPhone ever bumps up to a 4.3 or 4.5, I'll absolutely still buy one. I'm just not sure it's necessary.

I wouldn't hold your breath on one any time soon either. No way apple is going to want to support that many screen sizes for the iPhone. They'll have to wait for 3.5 to pretty much die completely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.