Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

honam1021

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I sign up here to ask a question:When I use the remote on my earpods, the shuffle does not response.
Any ideas?

honam1021

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
It is possible to resolve this issue with a firmware hack(If there's someone willing to do)

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Yup, it doesn't work. Actually, some people already complained why the device doesn't support.

Its ridiculous enough that Shuffle Gen 3 can't work without remote earpiece.

honam1021

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Yup, it doesn't work. Actually, some people already complained why the device doesn't support.

Its ridiculous enough that Shuffle Gen 3 can't work without remote earpiece.

I manged to get the play/pause(Volume control still not working) button to work on my shuffle 3G, I am not sure if this actually work.

1. Turn on the shuffle without the earpods connected
2. Wait a few seconds then plug in the earpods
3. Switch off the shuffle then quickly switch it back on
4. After the shuffle tells you the battery volume, your should be able to get your remote semi-working

UPDATE:This glitch doesn't always works for me, the remote sometimes work, sometimes doesn't.Anyone else know about this glitch?

Last edited:

nishin

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2013
I sign up here to ask a question:When I use the remote on my earpods, the shuffle does not response.
Any ideas?

hey guyz......please post anything which can help the earpod work in ma shuffle.....im fed up wid this stuff!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.